Any scenic roads for motorcyclists in Pattaya area?

funlovinkid

I just moved here from Chiang Mai, which is surrounded by mountains on three sides, and is a great place for exploring peaceful, curvy roads on a big bike. I'm wondering if there is anything similarly appealing around here. I've looked at the map, and it looks like there are several lakes and some mountainous areas east of Pattaya, but haven't made an effort yet to explore. Anybody know of any good places for this for a casual day trip? I've been to Koh Chang, and it looks great for a motorcycle, but way too far for a day trip. Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Yep.. the one that meanders thru girly/gay bars, massage parlours and mafia concessions stands

practically every where in Pattaya, oh yeah, and if you take a moment to gaze upon Pattaya's

finest at work, your trip was a worthwhile one....

Edited by ezzra

Maybee the tour to Buddha Khao Chee Chan, via the Phra Racha Anusaowari Park , will compensate. After the nice golden Buddha imprint in the mountain ( which material was used, bring good binoculars and tell me your find by PM me !!) keep going on towards Rayong using the mountainside roads. I just googled it to make sure I give you the correctly spelled names.

It's however just hilly terrain compared to the Chiang Mai area.

Real mountains are up north in the Khao Yai National Park, way north of Kabin Buri.

Maybe a visit to the beautiful beach near Sattahip, Had Nang Ram, will result in you making peace with the fact that you have landed in a seaside resort, and not in Aspen, Colorado

Edited by crazygreg44

The road around Bang Phra reservoir in SriRacha isn't too far for a day trip from Pattaya

029ab0.jpg

A bit further out in Chantaburi there's this scenic road that's quite an attraction

dabcc145edcbf71b525a158c45df10b8.jpg

Depends on what you enjoy more the scene or the curves in the road to play on your bike? There are plenty of roads around 331 highway that cross back and forth with Sukhumvit around Pattaya that's quite curvy and moderately enjoyable on a bike

The road around Bang Phra reservoir in SriRacha isn't too far for a day trip from Pattaya

029ab0.jpg

A bit further out in Chantaburi there's this scenic road that's quite an attraction

dabcc145edcbf71b525a158c45df10b8.jpg

Depends on what you enjoy more the scene or the curves in the road to play on your bike? There are plenty of roads around 331 highway that cross back and forth with Sukhumvit around Pattaya that's quite curvy and moderately enjoyable on a bike

Thanks a lot for the suggestions, and especially the pics. They really give a great sense of what can be expected on these rides!