one thai people in two different housebook...possible?

Hi,

just wondering, i've heard that it is possible that a thai people can be in two different house book, in two different provinces. Mean also have two ID cards with two different addresses. Is that right? If yes, how can they do that?

regards

tindin

When my wife moved from her parent's house to our house she got her house book entry changed between the two properties. Her mum is the head of the previous household, and she either had to be present at the District Office or sign a consent form as part of the process.

My wife's current house book lists that she moved from her parent's address.

Technically it doesn't sound possible, but I'm willing to believe it could happen. Two ID cards with different addresses? Probably, but they have the same Thai ID number on them so it's the same person.

^ Good point. First card is issued. This card is reported lost, and a replacement is issued (the second card).

The person then changes address and gets another card issued with a new address (the third card).

Now the first card turns up again.

^ Good point. First card is issued. This card is reported lost, and a replacement is issued (the second card).

The person then changes address and gets another card issued with a new address (the third card).

Now the first card turns up again.

Ok, on this way you will have 2 ID Cards with two different Addresses but only on "Display".

What i ask myself.

Is it´s possible for thai people to move in in a housebook from anybody else, and do a new ID Card, without move out from a other housebook in a other Province? I think the Amphoe Office where she want to move in they need to move her out from the other housebook automatically?

The computer system at all District Offices are linked. What is entered on a computer in one province can be read by an officer in another province.

Individual records for Thai people are recorded against their Thai ID number, which never changes. Everything else is added on to that ID number.

If you were to enter my wife's ID number it would show where she lives now, and her previous address.

My understanding is that there is no way for the computer system to record two current addresses.

It would not be in an officer's best interests to mess about with the computer system as a log is kept of who changes what. To log into the District Office computer the officer has to insert their Thai ID card into a card reader to verify their log on. It would be next to impossible to alter a computer record and deny doing it.

Why do you ask about this?