Scuba diving.

sillybilly

Ear ache.

Took a trip to Phi Phi island about 3 days ago and took part in some scuba diving for the first time.

Didn't really go down deep but still a lot of fun. Since then there has been a small pain in my left ear and it's hard to hear at times.

Does anybody know a good drug store or doctor along Patong beach I can ask for advice from. I am sure it's only something minor.

A ruptured eardrum is generally caused by failure to equalise pressure in your middle ear as you dive.

It can be painful (I know!) but usually will heal by itself - however no diving for a while.

You should see a doctor in case of infection.

Dt Wattana in Soi Wattana, off Beach road may be handy for you.

Edited by Old Croc

The pressure differences at shallow depth are greater than deeper, therefor ear problems are more likely to occur at shallow depth.

First of all I'm glad you're mostly ok, the divesites at Phi Phi we go to from Phuket are not really suitable for trydives like you ddid, and a violation of PADI standards. The doctors at Patong Hospital and also GP's mlike the already mentioned dr. Wattana see many earproblems are are very good at diagnosing them. If no pain it is very likely not a ruptured eardrum, but I'd recommend you to see a doctor asap.