Cheapest place to buy property in Thailand

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes I guess Isaan properties would be the cheapest. And for beach, maybe in Chanthaburi , Sattahip etc. or some southern provinces which are low on tourist radar.
Good luck with Sattahip, the Navy owns almost all the land and not legally for sale in most cases
The owner of the company I work for has a piece of land with house for sale in that area. The property fronts the beach and had steps leading down to the sand.

I didn't ask how much though - it's way above my pay grade!

The reason i mentioned it, there was a bit of a scam going on a few years ago where people who had leased land from the navy where sellling the land on to other people around Sattahip and Ban Chang and obviously there where no chanotes for the purchasers as the land was the navys, the people sellling the land did the off with cash, i believe the navy did the right thing and set up some sort of legal leasehold for the new "owners" but no chanotes

My point around that area be careful what a person buys

Correct me if I am wrong, i was always under the impresssion, beachfront land belongs to the crown.

No idea on that one mate

Correct me if I am wrong, i was always under the impresssion, beachfront land belongs to the crown.

Consider yourself corrected then......wife has chanote for beachfront land in Rayong.... AND tons of beachfront property elsewhere in Thailand (too many to list)

That being said ...there is beach area in the Sattahip area that is Navy property and I'm sure other areas.

Nakhon Sri Tamarat or Pattaya-Rayong.

Personally i'd go for a condo in Jomtien-Bang Sarae.

You can see the beach.....it looks pretty from high up smile.png

Different story if you want to swim there though!

Bang Sarai only 8 floors allowed,

so you not upvery high - on floors !!

Jomtien - 10 times overpriced !!

Are you referring to the Bang Saray between Pattaya and Sattahip? If so, I suggest you take a drive along the Bang Saray seafront. You might then notice a condo development named Del Mare towards the Pattaya end of the road. I think construction might have already reached the 8th of it's proposed 32 storeys. IMHO It's the start of the 'rape' of Bang Saray. I wonder how the developers were able to get EIA approval for this project, or am I asking a rhetorical question?
There is such a thing in Thailand then? A real EIA, not a rubber stamp?

If you would ever need a reason not to buy a condo in Thailand and Pattaya in particular go and have a look at Nirrun Condos. A perfect example of what condos become after a couple of years neglect and fraudulent management.

Still thousands of decent condo blocks around.

If you would ever need a reason not to buy a condo in Thailand and Pattaya in particular go and have a look at Nirrun Condos. A perfect example of what condos become after a couple of years neglect and fraudulent management.

absolutely thousands and thousands and thousands.

The OP will have no trouble at all buying a decent condo.

when you buy a condo in Pattaya, you get included free furniture and.... free karaoke. and that's a little surprise not in the contract !!! imagine, free singers from 9pm to 5am every day. and just in front of your building .. you will love it :)

Edited by VIPinthailand

You body swerved the question .... What sites are better then ddproperty? Baht sold ? Thai visa ?

You body swerved the question .... What sites are better then ddproperty? Baht sold ? Thai visa ?

nfi - have never bought a property in Thailand and never will.

Even if I could buy a property that is.

Rayon to Trat corridor, and Prachuap Khiri Khan to Chumphon to Surat Thani corridor....May found cheaper areas south of Surat Thani but may be dangerous for foreigners in short future. In my opinion, Phetchaburi to Cha Am area still undervalued..considering its proximity with Hua Hin and BK.

This island land by Phuket is for sale...If you will like to get info about, let me know.

post-231810-0-42349900-1437987058_thumb.

Edited by Muzarella

• 3 weeks later...

....We just purchased in Central Thailand (obviously nowhere near the beach). The prices varied depending on location in the village and from seller to seller. There was no set price per ngan or rai per say.

The closer to the main road the higher the price. I'm told land on a main road or thoroughfare will provide more opportunities if you wish to open a business, e.g. a shop - street stall seller, hence the higher price

The bigger the 'cash cow' or 'ATM' you're perceived as, the higher the price. (All farlangs are rich aren't they?)

We found that the LAND ONLY starting price for our RURAL VILLAGE area was approx THB 50,000+ /ngan. Note that the closest 'small' town is approx 10km away.

We found land only FARMING blocks (i.e. no village or houses around) were starting at approx THB 40,000+ /ngan. These prices varied and were dependent upon factors such as if it was set up for rice, road accessibility, power onsite etc. etc.

My criteria when seeking to purchase was it had to be in the in-laws village and not in the farming blocks of land, it had to be off the main road (i.e. quiet location), and it had to have a chanote. It took nearly a year to find something suitable. If you have a Thai wife or family there, once you start looking and the word is out sellers will come to you. I suggest patience & consider all options.

good luck

-P

I remember a few years ago, we were visiting my wife's aunt in Khon Khen province, out in the middle of nowhere.
Small town (does it have a name? ) with perhaps 60 houses.
The lot next to her was for sale.
Perhaps it was 1/3 of a rai.
Price was 150,000 baht.

But a bit backward up there.
Her aunt is perhaps 55 years old.

Has never had mail delivered to her house.
Has never had an electric bill. (if you keep it under 300 baht, no bill) She's never even been close as she only has one small light and uses it sparingly.
Town has a few mom and pop stores but, they don't sell much besides bottled sauces, cheap candy and soap.

So, yeah, there's cheap land.
But would you really want to live there?