Visa application time

Hi, was hoping someone could help me out.

Im renewing my Non Type O visa soon, and was wondering if anyone could remember how long the application time was? How many weeks before I can go back and get my passport back and know if I got a new visa? I cant remember if it was a month or 2 weeks.
Asking as Im also planning a trip to a third country and need to apply for a visa for that too. And that trip is coming up in not to long.

Thanks

Regards
Troyron

it should be days rather than weeks but you need to advise which consulate/embassy you'll be applying to otherwise no one can help.

I suggest you email the consulate/embassy directly if you want a definitive answer.

Edited by elviajero

Well that's important info.

I'm in Bangkok.

Confused!

So are you looking to get a new Non 'O' visa from an consulate/embassy abroad, in which case where?

Or are you applying for an extension of stay from an immigration office in Thailand?

Are you asking about applying for a visa at an embassy or consulate?

Or an extension of stay of stay at immigration. Immigration does not keep your passport any longer than it takes to do the stamps while you wait.

Perhaps you are thinking of the under consideration period you get when you apply for an extension of stay based upon marriage. The report back date is 30 days from when you applied if you do it in Bangkok.

Im currently on a Non Imm Type O visa. This one is valid for 1 year. So now its time to apply again. Oh I see it says this on the application:
APPLICATION FOR EXTENSION OF TEMPORARY STAY IN THE KINGDOM

Im handing it in at the Immigration office at Chaengwattana.

So Im wondering how long it takes from I hand in the application, to I find out if I get a another year here. I see Ubonjoe says 30 days. If thats the case, It will be close to my other trip. Any way to speed up the process?

You can apply earlier. CW will accept applications up to 45 days before your extension ends.

You can always check to see if the approval is done early. Often they are done a week or so before the report date.