The baht for my USA friends

Pay attention to where the baht is headed short term and where it will land as new normal range. And you won't go ting tong

USD to baht for a long time that range had been 28 to 32. Now we are in 33 to 37 range. Followed by 38 to 42.

Here are some tips I'm using.

Delay inflows to get the higher rates.

Stick up on imported goods as those will rise in cost.

Delay any big purchases.

Consider 33 to 37 the new normal for the next six months

Use my increased baht to buy any undervalued stocks

Oh and have fun with the increased cash.

Other countries can just adjust their rates to get the range numbers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I shake my head and chuckle when I see folks watching every little creep of the baht. Dollar went up .42! Think I'll go change a thousand and get 10 free beers! Or maybe that BMW. Gawd grant me the serenity to accept the things I can exchange...

Good to see the normal cynic, know-it-all, knock other people down to build yourself up posters to jump in. Of course they don't share an actual opinion. Let's see where the baht is 6 months from now.

Yes, we are the "know it all", when you were the one claiming the following "Now we are in 33 to 37 range. Followed by 38 to 42." and giving obvious personal finance advice (assuming your predictions about rate are correct) as if they are well-kept secrets.

We can all read newspaper articles and some of us actually do that, all them predicting something different!

I asked for the scenario to be set out here, not a link to another persons view but a description of what YOU think will happen and why.

And that 42 number starts at 38. Personally, I think 33 to 37 is the new normal. By all means don't actually read the post before making a comment. Lol

I guess you must be a billionaire if you can foresee how the currencies are gonna go up and down ... 555555

Did anyone ever notice that when the baht weakens...stuff like beer, hotel rooms and restaurant prices...go up.

But that is not the saddest part.

What happens when the baht regains ground......yes... prices never go back down again.

Edited by slipperylobster

Yes. Bkksteve123. You still haven't shared your opinion. Maybe you're brain is only weed to criticize. Lol.

Honourable Sir Economist Ph.D.

You didn't ask for an opinion. You simply stated "facts" (your opinion) and "tips".

My opinion. From a technical point of view (which ranges are based on) - looking at a long-term chart for USDTHB, you can see that 36.00 is the high from 2009, so the new range we have broken into would be better described as 33-36. Following this range, 36-42.

But, so what?

Will the USD/THB go down? Probably not for some time to come.

You are right in that US rate hike is expected, but it's no secret, thus it's more or less already priced in. Keep in mind that the USD has rallied a lot recently.

Bkksteve. Wasn't priced in until this week. Greece was the main focus and last week most thought 2016. Now most are returning back to the sept 2015. I'm not sure what it will be and to be honest. I don't think it will break 38. Unless other forces come in. I.e currency speculators whose last name begins with an S and is now playing with house money

Edited by yesIcan

Bkksteve. Wasn't priced in until this week. Greece was the main focus and last week most thought 2016. Now most are returning back to the sept 2015. I'm not sure what it will be and to be honest. I don't think it will break 38. Unless other forces come in. I.e currency speculators whose last name begins with an S and is now playing with house money

The expected rate hike speculation has been going on for a year, and everyone has known that it's getting closer each day that passes. To say it hasn't been priced until this week just tells me that you will have a hard time earning that Ph.D. (unless of course it's from Ramhkamhaeng, or any other Thai university for that matter)

Soros has better bets than buying Thai baht. He took action in 1997 due to very different reasons, related to an unsustainable overvalued PEGGED thai baht.

Edited by bkksteve123

Apart from stating the bleeding obvious......what is this thread really about?

It is a note by the OP to himself so that he can read it again every once in a while. Such notes to oneself are a useful thing, particularly when one's short term memory starts to fail. Much like a sticky note on the bathroom mirror in the stone age.

Mudcrab. It's about my opinion. That's all. Agree. Disagree. I don't care. No need to be a billionaire kannikapor. A few free online economics courses should do the trick

I understand what you are saying.....I don't understand why you feel the need to say it.

The baht drops relative to the USD so you get more baht for the dollar.

Not that hard for the economically uneducated folk to comprehend.

Thanks for the advice but I don't need to visit the free online courses as you suggest. I have the advantage of an education that included economics in the curricula.

Even my missus realises that when there is a promotion on in the mall there is an opportunity to be had.

I still fail to see the point of your thread.

Oh and I'll let you know when the phd part is done

Dude, we can all spout things we've read in popular rags and adopt a writers view and then cut and paste those things, as if we own them and understand and believe in them.

My question is: if you have a certain view, what, why and how. If you don't actually have a view of your own and/or you don't understand the issues, that's cool, just say so!