Chiang Mai to Hong Kong Flights

stament

I'm purposely posting in this forum not the travel one as I think I will get a better response.

interested in readers comments on this route for Air Asia, Dragon Air and Hong Kong Express with regard to service and general prices please. Guessing Dragon Air is more expensive than the other two.

Thanks in advance

The OP wants to go to HK. Why mention No. America? Anyway, from CNX to USA, best to take Korean Air.

And yes, Dragon most expensive. Air Asia ok, but you must arrive at CNX by 4.45 am.

Cathy lives on ancient rep. And very $$$$$$$$$$$$$/

Air China from CNX to PEK to North America is often faster and cheaper....1 USD beers at PEK...and a free shower to use.....behind every commie flag there are often many capitalists. KAL's staff is great, but I found the people I was flying with on the red-eye from CNX to Seoul about as rude as possible. They were practically screaming bloody murder when I dared to use my reading lamp. They had 4 hours; I had an extra 17. And deplaning? worst I've ever seen. I refuse to stand up and have to duck for 10 minutes while waiting for the hatch to open, but they insisted on climbing over me. I even yelled at one to get out of my way five minutes later, as they decided to stop right on the jetway and block the other 200 passengers.

HK Express can be by far the cheapest if you bag a flight in a sale however arrival in HK around midnight is a pain. Air Asia early flight out is a pain too. Dragon Air much too expensive and I agree Cathay is living on past reputation. Hasn't been one of the best for over 10 years now imv. Pretty average these days.

Edited by sandmonster

ChingMai33 I couldn't have said it better myself. I'm only interested in CNX to HKG not any other onward routes hence my posting in this forum rather than generic travel or flight forum as I was trying to be specific.

I have ZERO interest in flying onto Americas from CNX or HKG as I don't live or work there.

I'm flying DXB to CNX via HKG soon but didn't mention that as thought irrelevant where I come or go to as in the future I will only be travelling between CNX and HKG hence the question.

Just looking for specific feedback on airlines operating directly between the two points.

Thanks all ;-)

ChingMai33 I couldn't have said it better myself. I'm only interested in CNX to HKG not any other onward routes hence my posting in this forum rather than generic travel or flight forum as I was trying to be specific.

I have ZERO interest in flying onto Americas from CNX or HKG as I don't live or work there.

Because just flying to HKG is by far the cheapest on Air Asia. That's so obvious it wouldn't even be a question.

And the usual Air Asia stuff applies about booking far ahead, preferably when they have a sale, etc.

Thanks Winnie although I noticed there was hardly any difference in price between Hong Kong Express and Air Asia on a couple of dates I selected.

Shame Emirates don't fly there as very reasonable BKK to HKG but I need direct flights as time is of the essence.

ER indoors regularly uses Air Asia, no problems apart from early start.

Next return flight is in November and is a total of THB 5,200. Usually cheaper than the others, generally reasonably on time. Many of our guests use them from Macau, Hong Kong to Chiangmai etc.

What is 'ER indoors'? ER = Emergency Room but maybe not in T'land. And it sounds like Mr.Thailand is running a business with guests coming to CM from HK, Macau etc.

As Stoneyboy explained.

Another one is 'trouble & strife' = wife.

laugh.png

Always found Air Asia to be v cheap, when booked during their sales. But annoys me to have to take care & unclick all the 'options'.

What is 'ER indoors'? ER = Emergency Room but maybe not in T'land. And it sounds like Mr.Thailand is running a business with guests coming to CM from HK, Macau etc.

Back in the day!

And we have some 100 plus relatives + friends who live in Hong Kong, Macau & China and they like Thailand & Chiangmai as holiday destinations.

A lot of those Air Asia flights can be had for less than a pony but i doubt they sell the Hong Kong flights for a pony. Back in the UK you can get a return to Thailand and have change from a monkey, maybe a pony or more. From this end though you wont get no Heathrow return for a monkey which is a shame.