50,000 Baht in cash stolen from Food Vendor in North Pattaya

Lite Beer

50,000 Baht in cash stolen from Food Vendor in North Pattaya

money-1.jpg

PATTAYA: -- A couple who operate a mobile food stall claim to have been cheated out of 50,000 Baht by a man who promised them a large food order which never existed in the first place.

Khun Adun aged 56 and his wife Khun Manit aged 54 run the food stall and on Friday afternoon met with a Thai man, thought to be aged in his twenties, in Soi Sukhumvit 28 in North Pattaya. The pair were about to return home when they were promised a large food order from the man and his friends.

He persuaded Khun Adun to jump on his motorbike and he thought he was being taken to the group to take the order. In fact he was taken to a secluded area and left there by the trickster who returned to Khun Adun’s wife who was also persuaded to jump on his bike and was also left in a secluded area, about 500 meters from where the pair left the food cart which was close to where the pair live.

Read More: http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/204727/50000-baht-in-cash-stolen-from-food-vendor-in-north-pattaya/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2015-07-24

50,000 baht stolen from a lowly food vendor,, Hummmm.. 50,000? Thai tax department please note,

as only about 2 million people pay taxes in this country, while the rest are calming to earn less that

the required payable tax brackets... in fact I know food vendors in my soi and other places around

BKK that earn more than me at time....

The trickster returned to the cart and spoke with a friend and co-worker of the couple and persuaded her to hand over the couples money bag and claimed they had asked him to return there for the bag so the pair could purchase more food items to complete the large order.

50K in a money bag, but no phone to call and confirm that the coworker should hand over the cash. What a load of <deleted> and the so called "friend" and coworker should be made to pay back the 50K

Profit per 1 serving maybe max 5-10 baht these vendors aren't get rich quick kinda people, lucky if they make 1 to 200 baht daily then theres the local mafia payment to the police to equate on the regular visits.

I knew a stick meat vendor that sold about 1,200 pieces a day at 3Bt each. Sold allot of sticky rice too. He worked hard long hours.

May have pocketed 3,000Bt after expenses on a good day.

The victim here had an unusual amount of cash and somebody knew it.

Profit per 1 serving maybe max 5-10 baht these vendors aren't get rich quick kinda people, lucky if they make 1 to 200 baht daily then theres the local mafia payment to the police to equate on the regular visits.

I knew a stick meat vendor that sold about 1,200 pieces a day at 3Bt each. Sold allot of sticky rice too. He worked hard long hours.

May have pocketed 3,000Bt after expenses on a good day.

The victim here had an unusual amount of cash and somebody knew it.

That sounds about reasonable.

They don't work for free. Sorry the guy got duped out of his cash.