Pressure cleaning my bikes

Kenny202

Have a Honda Click and KLX150 and living in rural Thailand travelling on dirt roads the bikes get grubby pretty quickly. Been pressure cleaning once a week (soft spray) although they're dirty again next ride. Am I doing the right thing? Like metal and electrics don't like water. My habit is generally kill things with kindness

No, you are doing the wrong thing. Motorcycles do not like pressure washers. They eat wheel and headstock bearings, and seals, chain longevity, electrics and electronics. Stop being lazy, and go back to soft, gentle hand washing, the old fashioned way.

I have a special soft spray gun designed for bikes and vehicles. No stronger than a garden hose. You can't simply clean a dirt bike by hand without some sort of spray...Under guards etc.

Personally, I would never use a pressure washer on a bike, it is likely to wash out any lube inside the seals. Your pressure washer however sounds like it is quite gentle so probably not a problem. I tend to sit down and go through the nitty gritty bits with some warm soapy water and an old toothbrush, it really gets into the tight spots and is extremely gentle.

I would probably prefer to wash a dirt bike with a pressure washer than run it caked in sand though.