Be decisive on Cabinet reshuffle, Abhisit tells PM

Lite Beer

CABINET SHAKE-UP
Be decisive on Cabinet reshuffle, Abhisit tells PM

THE SUNDAY NATION

BANGKOK: -- DEMOCRAT Party leader Abhisit Vejjajiva yesterday urged Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha to be decisive about a Cabinet reshuffle, saying indecision could have negative repercussions.

He said the PM must make a decision on whether there should be a Cabinet change and focus on efficiency. The lack of purchasing power in rural areas was a major problem. Economic policies should aim to boost people's purchasing power, especially farmers hit by drought, he said. "This would help support and sustain the country's economy at times when external factors are not favourable for domestic growth."

He suggested that the government give compensation to farmers forced to delay farming because of the drought.

Meanwhile, deputy government spokesman Maj-General Sansern Kaewkamnerd said reports of a Cabinet reshuffle were leaked by ill-intentioned groups who have ulterior motives to rock business confidence.

"Several ministers have already denied the reports, saying the decision depends on the PM but such reports have been continuously released. This makes us believe that whoever leaked the news wants to destroy the confidence of investors,'' Sansern said.

He urged reporters to exercise their judgement in reporting news from some sources to prevent public confusion and panic.He doubted that people in the government or the National Council for Peace and Order could have leaked such news.

"Why would they want to cause public fear and confusion?'' he asked. Security officials were checking who was behind talk of a Cabinet reshuffle, he said.

Former Pheu Thai MP Phongthep Thepkanchana denied that he was one of the former government leaders who would join the new Cabinet, saying he had no idea about the move.

Meanwhile, 56 per cent of people surveyed by Bangkok Poll agreed with the idea of setting up a national government, reasoning that the country is not ready in terms of reform and reconciliation and there could be more political conflict if a general election is held now.

About 35 per cent believed only a general election could resolve conflicts while eight per cent were not sure.

Of all parts of the country, the southern region was the most receptive to the idea of setting up a national government with 62 per cent backing the idea and 31 per cent disapproving. In the central region, 60 per cent supported the idea, while 26 per cent disagreed and 12 per cent were not certain. In the eastern region, 59 per cent supported the idea and 35 per cent disagreed, while 4 per cent were not sure.

In Bangkok, 55 per cent supported a national government, 36 per cent disapproved, and 7 per cent said they were not sure.

In the Northeast, 53 per cent supported the proposal for a national government, 35 per cent opposed the idea and 10 per cent said they were not certain. In the North, 53 per cent agreed with the idea, 40 per cent disagreed, while 5 per cent said there were unsure. In the suburbs, fewer people - about 50 per cent - backed the idea, while 46 per cent disapproved and 3 per cent said they were not certain.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/politics/Be-decisive-on-Cabinet-reshuffle-Abhisit-tells-PM-30265228.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-07-26

Not sure why changing some cabinet members would spook investors? If anything, quite the opposite.

Obviously, depends on who the new people are. Experienced, qualified, etc... in their field and not a party hack.

Let's see who he picks.

"The lack of purchasing power in rural areas was a major problem. Economic policies should aim to boost people's purchasing power, especially farmers hit by drought, he said."

I love the way politicians, even former-PMs with experience of trying to deliver on peoples' expectations, are still happy to make promises or state aims which they know they themselves will not (and probably could not) have to deliver !

This goes for all sides/colours, in the political debate, as Abhisit's remarks here demonstrate. laugh.png

Poor old Abhisit. Desperate to be remembered. Desperate to be relevant. Nobody takes any noticf of Abhisit any more, except the Democrat party, loud of voicve and low of intellect. And his Mum.

One would think he would know he's yesterday's man but apparently not. The Democrat party hasn't been able to win an election for more than 20 years and for a good few of those years, they've been losing under Abhisit. Hardly a glowing testimonial to him. If the party was collectively brighter they'd have thrown him under the bus years ago, but then I'm told he has a special relationship with someone of whom his wife a;l;egedly approves,

The man's a loser. Long may he continue to lead the Democrat party.

Edited by Down the rabbit hole

be decisive about a Cabinet reshuffle

says a politician whose only path to becoming PM was to be installed by the people he is now giving advice to....

always was and always will remain a stuffed shirt...

Yesterday's man - not even a "has bean" more a "never was".

He should find something else to do. Feel embarrassed for him now every time he comments. Who cares what he thinks or ideas are.

And that is how you offer constructive criticism.

No need for attitude adjustment here as this man does not have violent tendencies that need to be suppressed.

haha the Army taking over with guns is...??? suppression with GUNS yea you got it!!! Abhisit is??? a man who endorsed the coup and so he is????? think carefully and I know this is difficult for you...

No need for attitude adjustment here as this man does not have violent tendencies that need to be suppressed.

haha the Army taking over with guns is...??? suppression with GUNS yea you got it!!! Abhisit is??? a man who endorsed the coup and so he is????? think carefully and I know this is difficult for you...

Please don't feed the trollwai2.gif

the army taking over without firing a single bullet to remove terrorists that killed 28 and injured over 700 is not constrictive criticism. It is a necessity to law and order.

But I degrees.

"Respect" really is not a strong suit with you guys. Another guy who also happened to like your comment was the last one to bellitle and denounce me simply because I had a different opinion than him. No constructive argument. Just a good old red shirt condescension.

"think carefully and I know this is difficult for you..." is a way to belittle or denounce another when that other has a differing opinion. That ethos has no room in society and thankfully has been left in the undemocratic past.

I might not agree with your views, but I respect them and will challenge them and and leave attacking the person out of it. I will never be so frustrated you may be right that I will be reduced to simple school yard name calling. It reminds me of my trip to KK university to hear Abhisit speak and I was confronted with exactly the same condescending you guys offer me simply because we have a different opinion. That is not democracy.

When you attack the poster and not the post I smile because I know I have won the argument. Might pay to take the other guys advice. If you cannot constructively reply without resorting to attacking me then best leave the comment alone.

Have a great day my friend and enjoy your Sunday afternoon.

BTW your friend still had to get a little dig in anyway offering nothing, but surprise surprise condescension. AGAIN!

Edited by djjamie

the army taking over without firing a single bullet to remove terrorists that killed 28 and injured over 700 is not constrictive criticism. It is a necessity to law and order.

But I degrees.

"Respect" really is not a strong suit with you guys. Another guy who also happened to like your comment was the last one to bellitle and denounce me simply because I had a different opinion than him. No constructive argument. Just a good old red shirt condescension.

"think carefully and I know this is difficult for you..." is a way to belittle or denounce another when that other has a differing opinion. That ethos has no room in society and thankfully has been left in the undemocratic past.

I might not agree with your views, but I respect them and will challenge them and and leave attacking the person out of it. I will never be so frustrated you may be right that I will be reduced to simple school yard name calling. It reminds me of my trip to KK university to hear Abhisit speak and I was confronted with exactly the same condescending you guys offer me simply because we have a different opinion. That is not democracy.

When you attack the poster and not the post I smile because I know I have won the argument. Might pay to take the other guys advice. If you cannot constructively reply without resorting to attacking me then best leave the comment alone.

BTW your friend still had to get a little dig in anyway offering nothing, but surprise surprise condescension. AGAIN!

don't you mean 'digress'? and, as you know full well, guns WIN and that's how they took over the elected government... but you don't care about that do you

you, actually, represent all that I LOATH... condescension, patronizing "my friend" BS

if you think it's 'Sunday afternoon' here then you are definitely NOT in Thailand 'My Friend' you are just a FAKE but that's no surprise to most of us HERE IN THAILAND

by the way what is "not constrictive criticism"??? JEEZE you are DUMB

Decisive, arbitrary, inept, inexperienced, pompous, arrogant..... All bloody clueless, all sides.

exactly, the second worst politician in the world is telling the is telling the worst how to govern, one thing they both fail or failed to do...

be decisive about a Cabinet reshuffle

says a politician whose only path to becoming PM was to be installed by the people he is now giving advice to....

always was and always will remain a stuffed shirt...

I don't believe that anyone with the nickname of Mr. Indecisive should be lecturing anyone on decisiveness. facepalm.gif

But I degrees.

;

Proof please that the red shirts killed 28 and injured over 700. No mention of course of the army killing 90-odd on the yellows instructions. Maybe that's why no shots were required in this military takeover. Pointing dirty great guns at people is just saying "Do as you're told or you're dead".

Decisive, arbitrary, inept, inexperienced, pompous, arrogant..... All bloody clueless, all sides.

exactly, the second worst politician in the world is telling the is telling the worst how to govern, one thing they both fail or failed to do...

correction, the military don't govern, they control.