Visa extension after 60 days Hua Hin

Friday99

Hi ,

Me and my gf are going to hua hin and plan to stay long.

We just get 30 days on arrivel and can extend 30 days right?

What is the cheapest way after this to get more days?

We plan to book flight to Laos and then go back one day after, but that will cost alot. 6 flight, hotel, food etc

Is there any cheaper ways for us?

Regards

You got a visa exempt entry, not visa on arrival. You can get an extension for an additional 30 days for Baht 1900 at an immigrations office.

If you're going to Laos, probably better to get a tourist visa from a Thai embassy or consulate. You'll get 60 days for each entry that can also be extended for 30 days. If you get a 2 entry visa you can stay 60 + 30 days, cross a border out and in and get another 60 + 30 days. For the second entry you can return immediately, so no need for hotel expense. That would allow you to stay in Thailand for nearly 180 days. Some travel expense is inevitable no matter what you choose to do.

Whether you are extending the visa exempt entry or a tourist visa entry, go to immigrations a week or so before your permission to stay ends. They will add 30 days onto your current permission, so you don't lose anything by going early and it's a bit safer than waiting to the last minute (this Thursday and Friday are holidays and immigrations will then be closed until 3rd August.

Edited by Suradit69

You'll find that the nearest border to do a border run from Hua Hin right now is kanchanaburi which is about a 3 hour journey. Simple to do things once your at the border but, as per the first reply, you'd b better off getting a tourist visa and getting longer entry at the outset.

You'll find that the nearest border to do a border run from Hua Hin right now is kanchanaburi which is about a 3 hour journey. Simple to do things once your at the border but, as per the first reply, you'd b better off getting a tourist visa and getting longer entry at the outset.

Okey thanks.

Can we get a tourist visa @kanchanaburi ?

Regards

Okey thanks.

Can we get a tourist visa @kanchanaburi ?

Regards

Nope. If you want a tourist visa you'll need to go to a Thai consulate/embassy in another country.

The Kanchanaburi border crossing is only good for entry into Myanmar or an exit/re-entry.

• 6 months later...

Further to this thread, I have dual entry (60 + 60) I extended first 60 by 30(1900bht) Hua Hin immigration said "ok" can still go to border for re entry(second 60 day visa stamp), but local people here suggest that a. that cant be done at Phu Nam Ron(Kanchanaburi) and b. the fact that i extended first Visa may cause issues??? I repeat Immigration said no issues but now im 'concerned' as only have 1 week left, can anyone offer any clarity?? has anyone successfully done the same as what i need,i would appreciate contact details for a Mr Day if anyone has(he is a visa run taxi service man from HH) many thanks all