Pet dog foils drug deal: Thai police

webfact

Pet Dog Foils Drug Deal: Police
By Khaosod English

14379883861437988484l.jpg
Montri Moonmook, 53, and his dog Khao, lying down on the right, in Sa Kaeo province, 27 July 2015.

SA KAEO — A pet dog in the eastern province of Sa Kaeo brought his owner a package of methamphetamine tablets this morning, likely disrupting a drug deal, police said.

The owner of the dog, named Khao, said he saw his pet staggering around "like a drunk person" on his lawn this morning.

"I thought he was poisoned," recalled the owner, 53-year-old Montri Moonmook.

When Montri walked over to inspect Khao, he noticed a slightly-torn black backage near the dog’s head that contained tablets of methamphetamine.

Montri said he promptly called police and gave Khao water mixed with Thai herbs.

According to Pol.Maj. Chairaya Maneesutthi, an investigative office at Aranyaprathet Police Station, 760 meth pills were found inside the package, which Khao had chewed open.

Around 30 more tablets were also strewn on the lawn near the dog, who appeared to have consumed some of the pills.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1437988386

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2015-07-27

I wonder if the dog will be ok? Overdose is very easy with an animal of that size.

Feeding the dog water and Thai herbs (I guess that means herbs available only in Thailand?) is completely useless other than keeping the animal hydrated, but I certainly don't knock the owner's efforts to do something for his tripping pet.