The astonishing incompetence of True Move H

Anthony5

Four months ago I signed up for a post paid SIM with True move H. Since then I have never received a monthly statement, neither by post or email, so from the first month I started calling the 1331 call center to report this.

Every time they check the system for the next 30 - 45 minutes, and then find it strange that I didn't receive the statement by post, so it must be the postman's fault.

I've been an AIS customer for more than 10 years and never missed a monthly statement to be delivered by that very same postman.

So they decide to switch me to monthly statements by email, but also those have never arrived so far.

Two months ago I signed up for a second postpaid number and requested right away to receive the statements by on the same email address, but also those have never arrived, however I call them about every 2 weeks and each time I am assured that from now on it will be no problem.

I'm sure my email address is in the system because I receive all email spam from True move in double in my inbox, but a monthly statement seems to be impossible.

Sent them an email the other day concerning this issue, but they don't even bother to respond.

What options do I have, because I'm sick and tired of the incompetence of this company. If I have to pay a bill I want a statement with the details.

The company is a trainwreck. When you call back....tell the person you want to talk with a supervisor or manager......Then ask them to call you back when they find out the problem. Also make sure you write there name down. It becomes there problem then.

Funny you moved from AIS to True. After 12 years with Orange (then wholly acquired by True) I moved to AIS. I couldn't do it fast enough - finally number migration was allowed and on the first day I was at AIS's shop with documents in hand and since then, not one single problem. And any need to call AIS customer care, it's dealt with very, very quickly.

As NickJ says...True you have to put your foot down and really DEMAND action.

I totally agree! i payed a packet inkluding simcard WIFI television for 6 month, every month I get a bill! When I went to the lokal office I have to pay to call to callcenter.

This happend to my friend to, They cut her connection!.when my 6 month gone, I never use them again! Beware!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have never had a problem with True getting bills delivered to my house and I have several accounts. I have had problems with SIMs stopping working and they replaced them straight away at their shop. The only real problem I have had is with their pre-paid when they discontinued my number and kept my money, also with registering my address for my prepaid SIM. However that was sorted out by the shop and now the prepaid can be extended by 6 months by paying around B10. I also have true internet and they are very helpful if I have a problem. So I am happy with their service over the last 20 years I have been with them. We also have AIS and DTAC whose service is much the same.

you don' state if they cut you off after 2 non payments which is normal practice.

I've always paid my bills, however I never receive a statement, because they send an SMS to my phone that my payment is due.

I can also see on Iservice when the payments are due and how much I have to pay, however that is also a hit or miss because due bills disappear and appear gain from the app and I consider I have the right to know the details of the bill I pay.

I totally agree! i payed a packet inkluding simcard WIFI television for 6 month, every month I get a bill! When I went to the lokal office I have to pay to call to callcenter.

This happend to my friend to, They cut her connection!.when my 6 month gone, I never use them again! Beware!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I check each month on their phone App and pay the bill there. Done. Paper through the letterbox arrives but is not necessary for me.

Ultimately any problem I haven't been able to solve by phone I've solved with a visit to the shop and actually checking that what is on the screen is correct.

I have been to the shop also last month, and they confirmed that from now on I would SURE receive the statements by email, but it is clear that was another unTrue statement.

The shop can confirm the amount you have to pay, but also can't provide the details.

I have a one year contract with true for their internet package with aircard and TV for 850 Baht. I asked the bill to be send to my email account and in ENGLISH. What do I get?

Every month I get a bill to my email account of 199 Baht!!! In Thai.

When it comes to payment you find yourself thrown back to the Middle Ages. This company has no bank account to where you can send the money. (That’s what they told me). Payment can only be made in cash at their shop or via a direct debit authorization. Payment slips is in Thai, too.

Service performance is okay. But I might look out for better offers.

I check each month on their phone App and pay the bill there. Done. Paper through the letterbox arrives but is not necessary for me.

How do you pay with the phone app? I only get the option to use credit card to pay, which I don't have, and don't have intention to use my European credit card with exchange rates and commissions involved.

How do you pay with the phone app? I only get the option to use credit card to pay, which I don't have, and don't have intention to use my European credit card with exchange rates and commissions involved.

I usually use my Thai Credit card, but once I managed to pay using my Bangkok Bank App.

It's very fast and easy for me to pay my True Vision and many other bills via my Bangkok Bank's on-line banking website. It's also easy to top up my AIS and Easy Pass account. Plus I have an instant archival record of the transactions that's easily retrieved and emailed, if need be.

And I can do it all without leaving my home, or I can do it from anywhere in the world were ever I have an internet connection.

Paying bills and topping up accounts alone is well worth getting a Thai bank account.

Edited by HerbalEd

I have a post paid account with them since last September, which was a deal I got with the internet and TV. The Internet and TV no problems, but Truemove H nothing but problems. Firstly I was not getting bills, although they were insisting they were sending them, yet when I asked them to confirm my address they had no address for me ?? I am now getting bills but they are not itemised, so not a lot of good.

Then I insisted they were overcharging me with calls and SMS's to The UK which I never made, they actually gave me a 90 Baht refund for that although I was overcharged about 300 Baht.

Then a few weeks ago I lost my 3G signal where I live Darkside of Pattaya. They told me I needed a new phone although I told them the my 3G signal was perfect in Pattaya, they were still saying it was my phone.

Then they said I lived in a bad area for 3G signal area, which again was rubbish as it worked perfectly since September.

Eventually I persuaded them to look at there tower for the area as there was probably a problem there. It then worked for maybe 4 hours and then went down again, this went on for days with them saying it's been reported and fixed, and I told her to report it again and again.

But lo and behold it is now working again and has been for about 10days. I have not had to move house or buy a new phone so a result I suppose.

They also charge you to ring their Call Center which I think is a bit of a cheek.

Anyway glad I got that off my chest, 2 months to go till end of contract then I will change.

If you have a Kasikorn account, input your true account number into the bill payment tab.

Once set up, you just click the 'True' icon, and your outstanding balance will come up, click pay, enter the confirmation code that appears as an SMS .. thats it all over for another month.

I would be very careful and sort this out pronto. A long while ago, 'pre-iphone era' I had an unlimited GPRS package which I used with my Palm Pilot.

For 6 weeks, I would get regular phonecalls, from the True number where the operator just hung up, True were sending out a lot of marketing SMS at that time, so everything from them got binned.

When the bill came, I was around 4000B. When contested, they listed all the calls from the operators who hung up and Thai language SMS - I ended up paying the 4K bill.

Surprise surprise, look what email I received this evening at 8pm, after I informed them by email and phone that I would log a compaint with OCPB and NBTC.laugh.png

Your invoice as of July 2015 is now available as attached.

For your convenience, TRUE is the first mobile service provider offering a new experience in viewing your usage details right in your email.

The capital letters is their own courtesy.

The bill for this number runs from 10 June to 9 July, so they are a bit overtime I suppose.

Next time I will ask them to remove that annoying lie when you call 1331 that says, True move the first and best mobile network in Thailand bah.gif

Ive been with TRUE for years and never had any problem 1 visit to the shop wouldn't fix. Im now on auto payment via creditcard but before that I would pay using their iservice app. I've found the helpdesk to speak pretty reasonable english and be helpful most of the time, same for staff in the shops but both have annoyingly long queues sometimes. Their network is great unless you live in/around BKK where it seems overloaded and internet becomes slow and calls drop all the time.

Set up a payment every month from bank account took 4 months, one blaming the other. Should have 'only' taken 45 days, I thought they said 4-5! By the time it was set up decided to move to another company, then had to try and get it cancelled.

Ive been with TRUE for years and never had any problem 1 visit to the shop wouldn't fix. Im now on auto payment via creditcard but before that I would pay using their iservice app. I've found the helpdesk to speak pretty reasonable english and be helpful most of the time, same for staff in the shops but both have annoyingly long queues sometimes. Their network is great unless you live in/around BKK where it seems overloaded and internet becomes slow and calls drop all the time.

My issue is not with the payment options or their network coverage, which I'm satisfied with, but if I pay for a service I want to be informed about the details of what I pay for.

When I go to the supermarket I also double check the receipt.

I recently switched from the hopeless wireless TOT to the wireless True Move H Internet. They would not accept me on a post-paid basis but only on a pre-paid basis. Initially that was not what I wanted but I changed my mind thinking that it would be easier to discontinue their service if it proved poor/slow. So, I have now made a few payments at a 7-11 store. The monthly charge is B 970 but True's computer only accepts B 1000 payments. Meaning they are taking B 30 per month more, not only from me but likely from EVERY customer, nation-wide, who pays at a 7-11. I suspect that this amounts to quite a nice sum of money. This company appears hell-bent on raking in as much money as possible and never mind the customer.

By the way, this Internet service is usable. It is not the fastest speed in the world, but it will work provided one has sufficient patience.

I want to see if there is anything better but I have not yet had the time to do that. Can any TV member advice? Thank you.

Edited by peergin

Same thing happened to the Thai wife and I when we arrived Thailand in 2008 and signed up for TrueMove postpaid plans. The first month we got our TrueMove bill in the mail at our Bangkok home....also got our separate TrueVisions bill in the mail...and to this day continue to get our TrueVisions bill in the mail. Have also had TrueOnline internet now for about 4 years and their bill always fines our mailbox no problem.

But back to the TrueMove bill....like I said it arrived the first time and had the correct address. Then no more TrueMove bills could find our mailbox. We had to go to a True Service center to find out what the bill was and to pay it. During those visits we would complain about the issue (the Thai wife really bent their ear), they would reconfirm in their system they had the correct address, and then start blaming the post office and say they are working the problem. However we would counter with the TrueVisions bills and all our other monthly bills have no problem finding our mailbox. At that time other folks on ThaiVisa were complaining about TrueMove bills not being able to find their mailbox.

This went on for around 6 months....calls to the TrueMove customer service....visits to TrueMove service centers...the response was always it must be a post office problem. We cancelled our TrueMove service...switched to DTAC...DTAC post paid bills have been finding our mail box with no problem every since. And TrueVisions and TrueOnline bills continue to find our mailbox no problem. TrueMove, TrueVisions, and TrueOnline are seperate business unit in True Company and basically operate as separate businesses although some of their promotions for bundled service could imply they are one unit...but they are not.

Yea, TrueMove left a bad custumer service taste in our mouths....TrueMove would be a last choice for us if we ever switched from DTAC. Been totally satisfied with DTAC coverage, reliability, and service.

I have a one year contract with true for their internet package with aircard and TV for 850 Baht. I asked the bill to be send to my email account and in ENGLISH. What do I get?

When it comes to payment you find yourself thrown back to the Middle Ages. This company has no bank account to where you can send the money. (That’s what they told me). Payment can only be made in cash at their shop or via a direct debit authorization. Payment slips is in Thai, too.

I pay all my True internet and cable TV bills through Bangkok Bank online banking. And although my True Move H SIM service is free as part of a package, I believe I've set up the ability to pay TMH through BKKB also if I ever incur extra charges.

If it makes you feel any better, I get a True Move H statement, in Thai, in the mail every month here in Bangkok showing 0 baht due, since I never exceed the service allotment I get as part of my package. But they send me a 0 baht bill statement every month anyway.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

Ais are not any better,

They conveniently overcharged me for data on multiple occasions, auto renew 3g package sometimes didn't auto renew and took 1thb per min or whatever until my credit ran out.

They promised calls back and didn't call.

Promised refunds and didn't actually refund the difference after activating the auto renew...

Also it costs to call their helpline after they <deleted>. ck up your service by stealing your credit you have to go topup in the middle of the night to call them and whoever works nights can't help so they suggest you buy another Internet package and call again billing department tomorrow morning...

If there was a better company I would switch in a heartbeat

I pay all my True internet and cable TV bills through Bangkok Bank online banking. And although my True Move H SIM service is free as part of a package, I believe I've set up the ability to pay TMH through BKKB also if I ever incur extra charges.

If it makes you feel any better, I get a True Move H statement, in Thai, in the mail every month here in Bangkok showing 0 baht due, since I never exceed the service allotment I get as part of my package. But they send me a 0 baht bill statement every month anyway.

I wouldn't mind if they sent me a 0 Thb statement every month, I wouldn't even request to get it detailed, but unfortunately I have to pay the bill for 2 numbers every month, and I like to see details when I have to pay.

Think they start to feel the heat, since I mail them every day now and am not really kind in my comments about their competence, since in the past 2 days they started to send me the statements.

However I think I have to remind them that they are as always bragging and lying and should behave themselves.

TRUE is the first mobile service provider offering a new experience in viewing your usage details right in your email.

As far as I'm aware every provider has that option for years already, and actually have a working system, where TRUE has a malfunctioning system.

The company is a trainwreck. When you call back....tell the person you want to talk with a supervisor or manager......Then ask them to call you back when they find out the problem. Also make sure you write there name down. It becomes there problem then.

go to a true payment center and cancel your sim card! get the name of the person, get a receipt. take someone with you who can speak thai and tell them what and why you ae canceling! AND NEVER trust true! I learned that lession back when they took over that incompetent UBC!

On your bill it actually has ALL the different bank codes for setting up payment via internet banking, it's not difficult!

I recently switched from the hopeless wireless TOT to the wireless True Move H Internet. They would not accept me on a post-paid basis but only on a pre-paid basis. Initially that was not what I wanted but I changed my mind thinking that it would be easier to discontinue their service if it proved poor/slow. So, I have now made a few payments at a 7-11 store. The monthly charge is B 970 but True's computer only accepts B 1000 payments. Meaning they are taking B 30 per month more, not only from me but likely from EVERY customer, nation-wide, who pays at a 7-11. I suspect that this amounts to quite a nice sum of money. This company appears hell-bent on raking in as much money as possible and never mind the customer.

By the way, this Internet service is usable. It is not the fastest speed in the world, but it will work provided one has sufficient patience.

I want to see if there is anything better but I have not yet had the time to do that. Can any TV member advice? Thank you.

Why not pay at an ATM, also if you are truely prepaid then those 30bahts are still there accruing. Maybe check your balance!

Where do you live, because that fact will determine option's.