Can I get 4 tourist visas in a row?

If they did not add a remark stamp in passport on last one you will still get another at savannakhet, they will do more than 3 from my experience & what I seen in others passports when been chatting waiting for gates open . Not really currently a limit on how many you can get if keep moving around consulates once consulate states it last they will do.

• Like 1

Laos consulates don't set a limit, just around the 3rd, 4th or 5th one they ask you to bring proof of residence and income next time. Going to a different one e.g. Vientiane 'breaks the chain'.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/715011-red-stamp-in-vientiane-advice-needed/

The 3 max in a row a the same location is a Penang, Malaysia thing.

• Like 1

Consulates are much more particular in checking passports since the Thailand Visa crackdown. Obviously the more tourist visa you have the more increase in risk of being refused entry.

The reason for the thorough review of every passport is to determine who is a tourist and who is not.

If you are a genuine tourist, then thats fine .. maybe show them your outward ticket or a hotel booking.

If you are not a genuine tourist then they will determine your status based on your travel & visas.

I just came back last week from Vientiane from obtaining my 3rd back to back 2 entry tourist visa and have recieved the red stamp indicating financial proof and proof of residence next time. But my passport is full anyway, so doesn't matter.

I'm From Canada

I like pizza

• Like 1

Consulates are much more particular in checking passports since the Thailand Visa crackdown. Obviously the more tourist visa you have the more increase in risk of being refused entry.

The reason for the thorough review of every passport is to determine who is a tourist and who is not.

If you are a genuine tourist, then thats fine .. maybe show them your outward ticket or a hotel booking.

If you are not a genuine tourist then they will determine your status based on your travel & visas.

Not true .

Someone posted about providing proofs of outside country income and address as previously asked by embassy and Vientiane refused visa, they did not even want to look at provided documents .

I am residing in Thailand since 20 years but the last 10 years I was on tourist visa (7-8 months in Thailand and the rest in Europe for summer work) and got every time the visa in the same european consulate without any problem.

In my experience , only Singapore is strictly applying the regulations ; you will be denied for a tourist visa if the last visa you applied for was less than 6 months ago.

Hope that helps

J.

• Like 1

Got 3 double and 1 single from Savannakhet back to back, they didn't say anything even at the 4th one.

Now, it might also depend on your nationality, if you are from a rich country, they might grant visa more easily than if you are from india.

• Like 1

Thanks guys and gals.

There is no warning stamp in my passport. So it seems it doesn't matter which one I go to if a warning hasn't been stamped in my passport.

The thing I don't understand is why going to a different consulate would "break the chain". I don't see why Vientiane would "count" the prior 3 visas from Savannakhet in my passport.

Vientiane seems to be more strict than Savannakhet. I'm a bit concerned that if I went to there, they might give a warning stamp anyway. Although everyone is telling me going there would "break the chain", so maybe I should, if only to avoid getting a warning stamp.

Thanks guys and gals.

There is no warning stamp in my passport. So it seems it doesn't matter which one I go to if a warning hasn't been stamped in my passport.

The thing I don't understand is why going to a different consulate would "break the chain". I don't see why Vientiane would "count" the prior 3 visas from Savannakhet in my passport.

Vientiane seems to be more strict than Savannakhet. I'm a bit concerned that if I went to there, they might give a warning stamp anyway. Although everyone is telling me going there would "break the chain", so maybe I should, if only to avoid getting a warning stamp.

from my experience you should be good for another one from savannakhet. as long as you supply correct form & be very polite they very obliging, could be worth having some home bank books/statements & a knocked up travel itinerary & onward flight as belt & braces approach. Vientiane not so smooth or quick, is silly how system works by using other consulates but it just gives them excuse if needed that previous issued visas was not from that particular consulate, at end of day most are keen at making $ and thus bend rules when possible to help profits. As said by others, having right country passport helps , everybody loves canadians though, i like maple syrup on my pizza lol ...

Edited by BuckBee

• 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Got a warning stamp in Vientiane after the second SETV in a row. If it was not for filling out the immigration papers, I wouldn't have noticed, nobody said a word. Prior my two SETV, I had two double entry, one in 2013, the other in 2015. Besides a SETV in Pnom Penh in 2014, the other two are triple entry from my home country, in 2014 and 2015. That's all the history I got. When applying, I'm usually in Laos between 7-12 days, so not the classical 2 day visitor either.

With only 7 pages left, and a bit of water damage, it's anyway a good time to change the passport.

Got a warning stamp in Vientiane after the second SETV in a row. If it was not for filling out the immigration papers, I wouldn't have noticed, nobody said a word. Prior my two SETV, I had two double entry, one in 2013, the other in 2015. Besides a SETV in Pnom Penh in 2014, the other two are triple entry from my home country, in 2014 and 2015. That's all the history I got. When applying, I'm usually in Laos between 7-12 days, so not the classical 2 day visitor either.

With only 7 pages left, and a bit of water damage, it's anyway a good time to change the passport.

If you are from the UK? No water damage is needed, you can apply for a new PP any time you want, I got a new PP 3 months ago and there were around 10 blank pages in my old one

Edited by darrendsd

If you are from the UK? No water damage is needed, you can apply for a new PP any time you want, I got a new PP 3 months ago and there were around 10 blank pages in my old one

Not from Uk, but I'll get a new one anyway. They changed the price from 30 to 50 Eu somewhere in the last 2 years. Not even sure if I'll get a METV this time. Then 7 pages would not be enough for a year for sure.

Planning eventually to rent something in Laos as well, and spend more time over there. As I'm visa exempt for Laos, that would mean border runs every 14 days. Then it goes quickly....facepalm.gif

Proof in the pudding that "4 visas in rows then change embassy to break the chain" is a myth.

Proof in the pudding that "4 visas in rows then change embassy to break the chain" is a myth.

Still waiting for member to post " refused setv because I have too many" obviously not from same consulate.