thai spicy pork sausages

meatboy

about 4yrs.ago there was a food festival at the mall [korat] and i bought some sausages made in chaiyaphum,they were yumeeeeeeeeee.

the wife went back on the last day and he had sold out,never been back since.

last night watching the asian food channel reza mohamed was in chiang mai watching them make these sausages[spicy]

anyone up in CM know if there.s a delivery service,or who makes them.

a plate full and 6 cans of john kepplers HEAVEN

Finding a consistent supply of good local spicy sausage is a holy grail trail. Even in my local markets where I now recognise many of the regular vendors, the Isaan sausage sellers seem to change weekly. Most of them sell greasy tat, but then you find an occasional gem - dry, meaty and excellently spiced (always the longer ones, never those stupid balls). Then you can't find the vendor again or next week her/his product is back to $hit. I suspect those shops that sell local food fayre to Thai tourists are the best bet for consistency, but probably at a price. We have a few in Ubon, must give them a try

What you are looking for is Sai Ua (ไส้อั่ว) the spicy sausage originating in the North of Thailand but available all over Thailand.

This is completely different from the usually rice and fat based fermented sausages called Saikrok Issan (ไส้กรอกอีสาน).

Love the former, can't stomach the latter!

Patrick

What you are looking for is Sai Ua (ไส้อั่ว) the spicy sausage originating in the North of Thailand but available all over Thailand.

This is completely different from the usually rice and fat based fermented sausages called Saikrok Issan (ไส้กรอกอีสาน).

Love the former, can't stomach the latter!

Patrick

the ones i want are from chiang mai,sai uah the spicy sausage made with pork,lemon grass,red curry paste,spring onions,kaffir lime leaves,gallan gai,thin soy,sugar and chopped corriander.

today they have a food festival at the JJ MALL chatuchak all from CM.showed the sausages on channel 3 this morning.

please come to korat,i dont want them ones with rice,string noodles and any other cheap crap.

Finding a consistent supply of good local spicy sausage is a holy grail trail. Even in my local markets where I now recognise many of the regular vendors, the Isaan sausage sellers seem to change weekly. Most of them sell greasy tat, but then you find an occasional gem - dry, meaty and excellently spiced (always the longer ones, never those stupid balls). Then you can't find the vendor again or next week her/his product is back to $hit. I suspect those shops that sell local food fayre to Thai tourists are the best bet for consistency, but probably at a price. We have a few in Ubon, must give them a try

i remember the ones we bought at the festival in the mall were around 300bht.kilo but ohhhhhhhhhhh they were yumeeeeeeeeee,garlic bread and cider.

i did try a sample of another,he didnt like it when i said it was like a stick of blackpool rock.

Sai Ua Yai Bee is known to be the best in the North. Shop where I live here in Lamphun. How to get them to Korat is another matter!

thanks naboo if i can get a contact in chiang mai it will be easy for them to come down on the bus.i have had a message off one member that looks promising.

Just bought half a kilo, 400B a kilo. They were not refigerated, are vacuum packed. Maybe its possible to EMS them. Would have to get the other half to check there was no miscommunication.

Sai Ua Yai Bee is known to be the best in the North. Shop where I live here in Lamphun. How to get them to Korat is another matter!

thanks naboo if i can get a contact in chiang mai it will be easy for them to come down on the bus.i have had a message off one member that looks promising.

forget the sausages,where can i get a sausage machine?

i just made meatballs useing the same recipe for sai uah exactly as reza mohamed done in the oven, and bingo i hit it first time.

forget the sausages,where can i get a sausage machine?

i just made meatballs useing the same recipe for sai uah exactly as reza mohamed done in the oven, and bingo i hit it first time.

14made and all gone.burp.gif

• 3 weeks later...