Hua Hin makes list of Top 7 global places to retire for Americans

Jingthing

Hua Hin ... you rank!

Congratulations. clap2.gif

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/get-there/wp/2015/07/28/the-7-best-places-to-retire-overseas/

“Outside the United States, you can live for far less,” says Peddicord, who ranks cities based on cost of living, weather, options for residency and other factors.

As the greenback has gained against the euro, parts of Europe are suddenly looking more within reach, says Peddicord, pointing out that European cities accounted for three of the top five destinations in this year’s ranking. Other top destinations in Asia and Latin America offer the combination of low cost of living, mild climates and proximity to other main destinations that might appeal to retirees.

HUA HIN

Cost of living:
$975 a month

American dollars will go pretty far in Thailand, where retirees could live for roughly less than $1,000 a month. (A one-bedroom apartment can be rented for about $400.) Retirees would find golf, spas and amusement parks, but the main draw is the beach. The city has a strong community of expats from European countries that U.S. retirees can befriend.

The publisher of Live and Invest Overseas which is mainly targeted to Americans (USA) is the source.

Chiang Mai made number 8 so didn't quite rank in the top 7.

Also in Asean:

Georgetown, Penang Malaysia 11th

Cebu, Phillipines 20th

Da Nang Vietnam 21st

Edited by Jingthing

Wasn't there another Earth like planet discovered by the NASA probe.All you posters who defend the news releases,I would love to know where you live,what you do and what is your interest in those places are.I know of a couple who protect the integrity of the maligned places,as I can only assume they have finnacial interests there.Can't blame you for that,just tells me time is catching up with you.

Note to self, stay away from Hua Hin.

Well, if you mean that you expect Hua Hin to be overrun with Yanks I really wouldn't worry about that. Most Americans who retire abroad move closer to home, south in the Americas.

Edited by Jingthing

Hua Hin is a very nice town. Traffic's a bit bad, but it's an OK town.

Having been to every place on the article's list, except Colombia, I'd have to say she's spot on. But not sure I could retire on $975/month! Unless I cut my wine budget! LOL

Good article. Thanks for sharing!