Wooden Fencing

irishtoffy

I am hoping someone in the Pattaya/Banglamung/Jomtien area has a contact for building a normal wooden garden fence?

Other options apart from wood considered, I have heard about some vinyl or similar now available?

I got quoted some silly price from a local Thai who was expecting 4000 + materials (estimated 8000 for materials) for what he said was a 2 day job! I found paying some local guy 2000 baht a day to build it ridiculous.

So does anyone have some contacts willing to do it?

Cheers

toffy

Try Conwood or Shera wood. Great stuff

The concrete Shera wood and there are many other brands now stands up well to weather and essentially thermite proof, they do come in pre-cut round ended shapes for fences as well, easy to pain and cost about 20-30 baht per plank, comes in plain or wood textured too.

but they are quite brittle compared to woods, can't be used to carry much loads, so the fence would have to have steel beams or rods between concrete pillars for the plank to be screwed on to

this is the typical use, see some of the pre-cut shapes available,

the planks can be worked on just like wood, you can saw them to shapes or orient them however you like

2b43ajfo2l5xtt45z2st26520115755.jpg

Edited by digbeth

That looks like just the ticket!

Do you know where I can buy it in Pattaya? Preferably at the 20-30 baht price per plank you quoted? That sounds like a lot less than the 8000 for materials I have been quoted!

When I google it nothing comes up at all for selling it in Pattaya.

Cheers

Try Conwood or Shera wood. Great stuff

The concrete Shera wood and there are many other brands now stands up well to weather and essentially thermite proof, they do come in pre-cut round ended shapes for fences as well, easy to pain and cost about 20-30 baht per plank, comes in plain or wood textured too.

but they are quite brittle compared to woods, can't be used to carry much loads, so the fence would have to have steel beams or rods between concrete pillars for the plank to be screwed on to

this is the typical use, see some of the pre-cut shapes available,

the planks can be worked on just like wood, you can saw them to shapes or orient them however you like

2b43ajfo2l5xtt45z2st26520115755.jpg

The fence is only 12 metres long. And he said he was going to do it by himself in those 2 days.

How long is your fence? Perhaps that 2k Baht is going to pay for a crew? I know our construction guy always shows up with 2 or 3 other guys, all busy at work.

Stocks in all sizes at Homemart, HomePro some already brown colour to look like wood.

Our pool deck floor and sun slats all done with Conwood, ants can't eat they break their teeth on it biggrin.png

For fixing use the special conwood screws that drill their own hole then two small tags on the screw break off and tap into the steel or whatever you are fixing to

post-22250-0-37524800-1438312084_thumb.j

You think 2000bt is too expensive?

How? It's only £36

Are you a cheap Charlie?

Moreover, it's working out at 1000baht a metre That's sounds fair to me.That's including materials and labour. Taking into account the "guy" has to source the materials and transport them to your house. This all takes time. What do you want to pay, 275bt a day?

If it's so "ridiculous" and expensive I suggest that you do it yourself. It's very easy to do if you possess a modicum of knowledge and you might appreciate how hard it is to work in the sun....

But then again you'll need to buy the tools to get it done. Have fun.

Was at HomePro yesterday. 150cm, colored plank was 200B. Pre-painted was cheaper, but the paint peels off and you'll need to paint again. The colored plank never needs painting.

Is that price for a pack of 5 or 10? surely can't be 200 Baht for each plank

Back to the OP's quoted cost

even if the planks are cheap, there's the cost to prepare the ground, dig a hole make pilings for concrete fence post etc..

And if you had bothered to actually read the post properly you would have read that he wanted me to go get the materials and transport everything for him. The 2000 baht a day was only for labour.

You think 2000bt is too expensive?
How? It's only £36
Are you a cheap Charlie?

Moreover, it's working out at 1000baht a metre That's sounds fair to me.That's including materials and labour. Taking into account the "guy" has to source the materials and transport them to your house. This all takes time. What do you want to pay, 275bt a day?

If it's so "ridiculous" and expensive I suggest that you do it yourself. It's very easy to do if you possess a modicum of knowledge and you might appreciate how hard it is to work in the sun....

But then again you'll need to buy the tools to get it done. Have fun.

Edited by Rimmer
Flame

I am hoping someone in the Pattaya/Banglamung/Jomtien area has a contact for building a normal wooden garden fence?

Other options apart from wood considered, I have heard about some vinyl or similar now available?

I got quoted some silly price from a local Thai who was expecting 4000 + materials (estimated 8000 for materials) for what he said was a 2 day job! I found paying some local guy 2000 baht a day to build it ridiculous.

So does anyone have some contacts willing to do it?

Cheers

toffy

Where does it say that he expected you to "buy" and "transport" the materials???

It doesn't.

I suggest you brush up on your carpentry skills post haste.

Have fun old chap.