Somkid 'hasn't rejected Cabinet seat'

webfact

Somkid 'hasn't rejected Cabinet seat'
THE NATION

BANGKOK: -- PRIME MINISTER Prayut Chan-o-cha yesterday denied a report that Somkid Jatusripitak, the PM's chief adviser, has refused to accept a Cabinet seat.

"Who told me? Whom did he inform? I've heard nothing," Prayut said when asked to confirm the report.

It was reported that Somkid, a member of the National Council for Peace and Order (NCPO), had told Prayut that he wanted to work behind the scenes and would only help select a new economic team for the government. The report quoted a Government House source as saying that Somkid cited poor health as the main reason for turning down the Cabinet seat.

"I know nothing about it. Did he send the message to me via media? Who has the news stemmed from? Who is the source? I think it's a source from a coffee council of the media. Don't pay attention to it," Prayut said.

When asked to comment on reports that ex-PM Thaksin Shinawatra had offered to work as an economic adviser for the government, Prayut replied: "Thaksin who? I have forgotten this name", before walking away.

Deputy PM MR Pridiyathorn Devakula speculated that the Cabinet reshuffle would happen in September or October. He referred to Prayut's idea that the reshuffle should take place after the first anniversary of this government.

He declined to comment on reports that Somkid had declined the offer.

Deputy Prime Minister Wassanu Krea-ngam said that anyone who has good intentions can help the government in its work.

"If you want to speak for [the country] and not harm the country you don't need to have any position. You can do it no matter where you are," he said, referring to Thaksin's offer to work as an economic adviser to the government.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/politics/Somkid-hasnt-rejected-Cabinet-seat-30265530.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-07-30

"reports that ex-PM Thaksin Shinawatra had offered to work as an economic adviser for the government"

Reminds me of six years ago

2009-11-04

"Nov. 4 (Bloomberg) -- Cambodia’s government has named Thaksin Shinawatra, the exiled former prime minister of Thailand, as an economic adviser, Xinhua News Agency reported, citing a statement today from the Cambodian government."

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=newsarchive&sid=a1Q5CyJoA1a0