Ubon : can't find a good (serious) massage

Sambotte

Hello everyone,

In two words, i have been in Thailand quite a few times, for months, or years.
I’m French, i barely speek english (just kidding), i don’t speak thai.
And... I am a big fan of massages. I mean real massages, my favorite being the foot/reflexology, and the body/oil ; i do sometimes the thai massage too, but i like gentle massages so it’s not really adequate smile.png

I have been in different town, big and small. I have, almost always, found « my place », and « the masseuse » : good technique, good feeling, gentle, and normal price (200 a hour for foot, 300 for oil).

Well... i have a problem in Ubon, can’t find a good one !

I have been at the Regent hotel / massage... one masseuse was good, price is ok, but... the reception is amazingly rude, make you feel like you (farang) are not welcome. Rare in Thailand, but strong bad welcome, even after 5 visits. And the tables where you are for the massage are very, very hard, so much for the knees. I don’t think they care about externals customers.

Ubonvej Traditional Thai Massage : considering the prices, i can’t decide myself for anything else than the Thai massage, so it’s not complete for me. Big place, nice rooms, serious, but too expensive.

Garden house Thai Massage : good prices, big place, nice rooms, but i have had a bad oil massage, no skills, no feeling.

I have tried two small places too, one awfull massage, one just not bad...

So, i’m kind of disapointed here. I usually find my relaxation when i try 3 or 4 masseuses, here i’ve tried 9, found only 1 but in a bad place...
In small town there is less massage places, so everyone knows witch one is the best.
I will still try different places, like Shogun, Sook Sabai, Guy Jay, (sunee been far too expensive for example) here in Ubon, but if someone knows a real good place ?... Or a skilled freelance ?

Thanks,
Regards,
Sam.

Will check again but it was very expensive as i remember ?

I like to have a good massage 2 or 3 times a week, so i need the right price too...

Edit : found the prices again

1 hour 400 foot massage, promotion 280 (normal price in thailand being 200...)

But maybe worth the extra cost, i may try (if promotion still runing).

Edited by Sambotte

Have you tried long beach massage.

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Tapatalk

Have you tried reading his posting?

He said serious massage and form the detail you can see he meant it. Long Beach is pure soapy.

Edit: woops sorry - I see OP replied for himself

Edited by SantiSuk

I used to live in Ubon and had the exact same problem.....i.e. finding somewhere consistently good. Sometimes you would find a reasonable masseuse, go back next time to same place and find she was not available, get someone else and they would be lousy. And also came across quite a few unfriendly receptionists same as you, which kind of dampens the experience from the start. One place just seemed to refuse farangs point blank as a policy, which was odd in an otherwise friendly town. Other problems I came across was the masseuse having a heavy cold and sniffing the whole time (YUK!), waiting ages for masseuse to arrive and then she was on her mobile phone most of time and useless at it or on one occasion, being directed to a house down near the river which turned out to be a dodgy gay spa massage! bah.gif

There was a reasonable place in a kind of gardeny, Thai-style house atmosphere, to the west of the town centre that was kind of ok, and the massages were all above board (prominent NO SEX signs all over the place), but can't remember its name or location now. Good luck with finding somewhere, but there are plenty of options across town, so just keep on looking. thumbsup.gif

Thanks a lot. Yes that's a problem yet for me here in Ubon, i've always been successful to find the right massage place in every other town, small or big. Bad luck here until now i guess.

The place you mentioned looks like Garden House. Like Ubonvej it looks serious, but i have has a bad try there at Garden House so... I may try one more time, maybe the foot massage. Prices are ok. Ubonjev the problem are the prices, i may try to negociate though. Both places seem to be very frequented by Thai people.

Regent hotel has good masseuse, usually massage parlour within good hotel are correct, i would say from a few experiences, but too bad the table are so hard and small, and the reception yeah... awfull, and not friendly with farang maybe. Rare indeed in Thailand, and even more when there is good business to do smile.png

Sunee i will probably try, could be good, as well. But expensive, i mean to have 2 or 3 massages per week...

And will keep looking, i really need that, and appreciate it is affordable, and some places really good, in Thailand !

I still can't find a place named Sook Sabai, if anyone knows ? Have two different location on google map, can't find either one.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=zV6HD2TGSwk0.kFSpEgEMJ1fE&hl=en

Adress is at a different location than what is pointed.

Same with sweet green spa, can't find it.

Those adress come from :

http://www.weloveubon.com/ubon-massage-spa.html

Witch is not updated.

And well... not many members knowing real good massage places in Ubon ? tongue.png

And well... not many members knowing real good massage places in Ubon ? tongue.png

This is Isaan. Most come here because they have a wife or serious other. There tends to be a side benefit to thatthumbsup.gif

My Thai wife goes to a temple in Ubon where they give massages ... They have a sauna as well, a sauna Isan way that is smile.png. Sauna costs 20 baht.

Edited by chris26be