Waiting til the last minute to register sim card

luther

About 2 days my wife started getting a message everytime she called anyone that said you have to register your sim card before the 31st of July. Most of the discussions on Thai Visa date back to February. Anybody done it recently? Can any 7-11 do it and is there a DTAC at Central Festival?

Did mine at BigC on Hang Dong road. Reports show 7-11 can do DTAC registration but some may not have a clue.

DTAC website mentions registering via VDO call if using Chrome. Don't know what that means though appears you can do it online when I gave it a brief check. - http://www.dtac.co.th/en/prepaid/service/sim-registration.html

//edit - Ok, your computer needs a camera to use this option thus the VDO part. It will work on Android running Chrome and your mobile phone/tablet camera but looks like more work than it's worth.

just did the online registration using chrome and webcam over the laptop. was a piece of cake, took about 2 minutes and all sorted. very impressive service to be honest.

thumbsup.gif Thanks for that update, good to know it works. What do they use the video for?

went to kad sean kaow before and the lady at true said the system to register the sim cards was down and i had until august 15th now

I'm beginning to wonder, this being Thailand and all, if the cards really will be unusable if not registered.

just did the online registration using chrome and webcam over the laptop. was a piece of cake, took about 2 minutes and all sorted. very impressive service to be honest.

thumbsup.gif Thanks for that update, good to know it works. What do they use the video for?

so they can take a snapshot of you next to your open passport to prove it's you that's registering it, details and photo tally etc. having done that they text an activation/proof code by SMS to your DTAC mobile which you relay to the call center agent over the video call and then you're done. all very efficient so kudos to DTAC here.