Nobody survives Lao helicopter crash

webfact

Nobody survives Lao helicopter crash

31-7-2558-10-22-39-wpcf_728x413.jpg

LAOS: -- The Ministry of National Defence has announced there are no survivors among people on board Lao People’s Army Mi-17 – 34062 which crashed in Longcheng district, Xaysomboune province on Monday, according to Lao News Agency.

A search team located the helicopter crash site north of Luangphanxay village, Longcheng district, on Wedneday.

Investigations into the cause of the incident are going on. A bad weather condition was believed to be the cause of the accident.

The helicopter, an Mi-17, lost contact with the Aviation Control Centre shortly after it left Vientiane en route to Xieng Khouang and Houaphan provinces on Monday afternoon. The aircraft was carrying four crew members and 19 passengers on board.

A rescue team of the Lao army said the efforts to retrieve dead bodies of a helicopter accident were highly hampered by numerous difficulties as the aircraft crashed in a mountainous area.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/nobody-survives-lao-helicopter-crash

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-07-31

Condolences to all my Laotian friends.

Did you really have personal friends on that helicopter?

I recently read an extensive article on USAT about general aviation crashes and how poorly they're investigated. The general aviation includes helicopters. Known defective parts are often not recalled for either fixed wing or rotor blades.

One of the most popular helicopters made by Robinson has had issues for years and years but remains uncorrected.

What i find interesting is that they dont mention who was on the flight.

conspiracy theories aside, there is a historical precedent for helicopter to go down in remote areas while carrying fairly significant individuals.