Bomber on highway draws shutterbugs in Sattahip

Rimmer

Bomber on highway draws shutterbugs in Sattahip

n1museum3.jpg

SATTAHIP:--A military jet rolling down the highway created a sensation as the Royal Thai Navy moved one of its long-unused A-7E Corsair II bombers to the Naval Education Center in Sattahip.

A large tractor towed the Vietnam-era jet along highways 331 and 332 July 23, drawing large crowds of picture takers, many of whom had never seen a military bomber close up.

The navy purchased 14 A-7E and four TA-7C airplanes for coastal defense and sea patrol duties in 1991 and the first planes were delivered in 1995.

The remained operational until 2007 and have been kept air-ready since, although none have been flown.

- See more at: http://www.pattayamail.com/localnews/bomber-on-highway-draws-shutterbugs-in-sattahip-49481#sthash.cJ0r7do4.dpuf

pattayamaillogo.png
-- Pattaya Mail 2015-07-31 footer_n.gif

Shutterbugs?

Headline confused me, thought it was an article about terrorism (bomber)

Shutterbugs I assume having read the article I take to mean camera users or picture takers

Yeah I expecting a psycho an a footbridge with a Molotov cocktail.

Rear Adm. Wasansap Chanwarin, director of the navy’s U-Tapao airfield, said there were no parts or budget to continue to maintain the aircraft, so they will all be moved to museums and educational institutions.

Hopefully Thailand and the taxpayers will spared the submarine fate.

so they used airplanes for 12 years only,

perfect investment !!

Hey...they can argue they created some wealth and some employment...for some particular people....lol

Cheers

Edited by gemguy