Local immigration police told to better identify foreign criminals

Rimmer

How hard is it? Foreign embassy reports name, passport # and criminal allegation to Thai immigration. Thai immigration flags the foreigner in their computer database. Next time foreigner appears at immigration, either for visa renewal, entry at border/airport, or 90-day report, officer enters info and if it is flagged, detain him or her. It's not rocket science.

I suppose the same could be said for the police and immigration people in the criminals' home countries who couldn't manage to notice them fleeing their countries.

Seems incredibly often that Thai police need to do the leg work for the incompetent authorities in Farang Land.

And yet maybe their criminal activities didnt start till they reached the fine shores of siam,

as is oft the case: 'monkey see monkey do' or more accurately, 'when in rome'.

Whilst its quite noble for you to defend Thailand here on this forum, it is also ridiculous to compare policing here to the west.

Foreign criminals should be fairly easy to spot, look for the long black trench coat, high collar that covers part of the face, dark large brim hat, maybe mask over the eyes....

It's even easier. Look for drunk tattooed Brits (incl. Aussies) with muscle shirts. Easy!

You don't know very much do you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!coffee1.gif

And the teacher is qualified as a ???

IMHO, Police in Thailand dont really know what they are doing and if they do, avoid doing it at alll costs

No money in it for them.....much better things to do with their time

And the teacher is qualified as a ???

IMHO, Police in Thailand dont really know what they are doing and if they do, avoid doing it at alll costs

This be criticism or gloating? Same as police in most countries, hard telling difference between them and the ones they call criminals.

Edited by silent

Maybe they should pay attention to crime. I hear criminals break laws. Please don't ask me to cite my sources this time as I can't remember where I heard that.

Edited by BudRight

Some of them shave there heads. Some of them dont. Some have enormous beer bellies. Others are thin. Some dress in the same clothes everyday. Some are well dressed. Most wear flip flops.

Some of them shave there heads. Some of them dont. Some have enormous beer bellies. Others are thin. Some dress in the same clothes everyday. Some are well dressed. Most wear flip flops.

Most criminals wear flip flops

one more inspector clouseau on Tv coffee1.gif

If it was that simple surely the immigration service at the criminals respective countries would have stopped them before they boarded the flights to Thailand.

Edited by 8OA8

How hard is it? Foreign embassy reports name, passport # and criminal allegation to Thai immigration. Thai immigration flags the foreigner in their computer database. Next time foreigner appears at immigration, either for visa renewal, entry at border/airport, or 90-day report, officer enters info and if it is flagged, detain him or her. It's not rocket science.

That idea sounds simple enough, but would work even better if they posted his info on Facebook if they really want someone to notice it. whistling.gif

Edited by jaywalker

If it was that simple surely the immigration service at the criminals respective countries would have stopped them before they boarded the flights to Thailand.

Do you go through immigration when you leave your country? In Canada we just leave.

I trust no one can enter Canada so easily. Or perhaps they can.

Do you go through immigration when you leave your country? In Canada we just leave.

"In Canada we just leave."

I sort o' doubt it. True, you may not go through an immigration checkpoint specifically. Same in the U.S. But you do check-in with the airline, and then you do go through a security screening, right? Somewhere in that process Canada COULD probably swipe that passport to see if the holder is actively wanted for anything. In the U.S., I think it's actually the airline check-in phase where the no-fly lists are checked (by computer). And TSA does scrutinize passports while you're in the security screening line, although I think they're just checking the validity/authenticity of the passport and of course making sure it matches the name on the boarding pass.

'Seems like a felony wants/warrants check could be done somewhere during all that ...

I think the police in Pattaya do a better job today in locating criminals than only 2 years ago , at least when you read about the news stories weekly about arrested foreigners here . So I would say this is a positive thing , the rest of the problems they struggle with will not go away anyway.

They get rid of all the criminals in Pattaya the town would be empty.

When I first went to Pattaya, it was pretty empty and quite a nice place. I don't voluntarily go there these days, except to brush up on my Russian. Having made a few trips, I must say the my capability to comprehend written Russian is coming back nicely, but somehow I haven't made efforts on verbal communication.

What's your point?

When I first went to Pattaya, it was pretty empty and quite a nice place. I don't voluntarily go there these days, except to brush up on my Russian. Having made a few trips, I must say the my capability to comprehend written Russian is coming back nicely, but somehow I haven't made efforts on verbal communication.

Nice to know matey------ I'll pass it oncoffee1.gif

No Good speaking Russian here there are very few now. Come to learn chinese.......

Foreign criminals should be fairly easy to spot, look for the long black trench coat, high collar that covers part of the face, dark large brim hat, maybe mask over the eyes....

It's even easier. Look for drunk tattooed Brits (incl. Aussies) with muscle shirts. Easy!

Ok I'm a brit got tattoos often get drunk but criminal NEVER TY FOR THE CRIMEWATCH TEAM WHO THOUGHT THOSE COMMENTS UP.