Surely there is somewhere open for a beer?

ryro88

As per normal some bars but not all will be closed but i for 1 have never been stuck for getting a beer or 3 within pattaya and that includes some of the many shops like 7 eleven, if your known by face that is, having said the latter use of discretion of where you drink the stuff is a deciding factor of whether you are served or not.

Edited by Brit_Doggie

We have a shop/restaurant in our condo that clandestinely sold me a couple of beers this afternoon... bagged for me below the counter level

Usually there are people sitting outside the shop having a beer in the afternoon, but before I went in today I noticed everyone sitting outside was drinking coffee ... or at least they were all drinking from coffee cups. Very pale, foamy coffee. Very mellow coffee drinkers.

Hotels are exempt from the drinking laws?

The lobby bar overlooking the pool at the Marriott is comfy. They will serve some nice food too if asked.

Theoretically that applies to registered guests in their rooms or venues available only to guests. Theoretically.

Edited by Suradit69

Surely you're not that dependent?

Surely you're not that sad ... ?

I think you will find that there are more people out there who cannot go a day without alcohol than you imagine. I have a friend who is absolutely terrified of the shops being not allowed to sell alcohol if he has not bought in advance.

There are a lot of alcoholics out there. You would be surprised.

I've seen numerous people sitting at Falang owned cafes/restaurants drinking from a coffee mug, and I know damn well some of them only get their H2O intake from alcohol and haven't drunk water (not including ice) in years.

But somehow beer in a coffee mug just doesn't taste the same to me. coffee1.gif

Try the restaurant terrace of Nautical Inn (hotel) on beach road between Soi 11 and Mike shopping mall.

Nice view over the beach.

I remember being in Pattaya on a "dry day" and surprised that they served beer openly in view of the sidewalk while the adjacent "5 Star" bar which belongs to the same complex (owner family) was closed. Its such a funny country rolleyes.gif

This would support that the hotel/restaurant licensees are exempt?

Edited by KhunBENQ

..hang in there kid. You only have to suffer for 8 more hours.

That pop of the cap snapping off of your beer, along with that fizzy aroma of barley and hops in a frosty bottle of golden pleasure ...is just soooo close.

I can smell it...can you? That little zesty, cool spray of treasure is just a whiff away.

Alcoholism is a nasty disease, and one can actualy watch them in Pattaya, and also see some on here. Craving and dependancy needs immediate address, and it will save you are a fortune too. Some expats in Pattaya dont normaly see daylight, these are very sad individuals, and also have mood swings that make them lose friends too.

Alcoholism is a nasty disease, and one can actualy watch them in Pattaya, and also see some on here. Craving and dependancy needs immediate address, and it will save you are a fortune too. Some expats in Pattaya dont normaly see daylight, these are very sad individuals, and also have mood swings that make them lose friends too.

I have no friends.. beer. ok..just one.

How sad that you are so addicted that a one-day abstinence will do you harm. You should see a doctor!

How sad that you feel the need to lecture. You should have a drink!

How sad that you are so addicted that a one-day abstinence will do you harm. You should see a doctor!

The post was only a bit of a laugh because I'm sitting here board, there's no need for a lecture. I'm a big boy. Edited by ryro88

Just back home from the annual Kao Pansa parade in town. Thousands turn out every year to watch a very poorly organised event. Many need a beer to break the monotony of all parade stops, and today was no exception. Hundreds (mainly Thais) could be seen drinking from beer bottles clandestinely bought form back street shops.

Why not just leave it to the people and let the believers abstain.

The post was only a bit of a laugh because I'm sitting here board, there's no need for a lecture. I'm a big boy.

A big boy that likes a beer, ain't nout wrong with that!

Nowadays...2 beers a week makes you an alcoholic (back home).

Something wrong with that. 2 small beers won't even make me start smiling. However, on the 4th or 5th..I am a dancing bear. However, this is exactly the reason why I refuse to drink every day. Better to be the dancing bear once a week, than to stop at two, and never have a chance to shine. Therefore, I hold out for 7 days, and then let it all happen. Binge drinker..yep..and probably bad side effects...true...but happy with it.

Not advocating this..but it seems the liver is holding up...

The post was only a bit of a laugh because I'm sitting here board, there's no need for a lecture. I'm a big boy.

Perhaps, you should plan on where to live if there is a permanent ban instituted.