Online 90 day reports using Edge on Windows 10 info

I expected that to happen, that the web browser Edge integrated with Windows 10 would not be able to display some aspects of websites that were built specially to comply with some irregular functions of earlier versions of IE. I read in an article on tech.thaivisa.com that Microsoft offers companies help to convert their websites from IE to Edge.

• Like 1

I do not want to appear in any way to be Thai bashing, but it does appear that websites that are built by Thai's never work, are hopelessly out of date, or both.

There are many things that Thai's are exceptionally good at, but building websites is not one of them!

Want a good laugh?

Go to the Thai Visa log n page an hit "Lost password"

Then wait foe the captcha riddle ... in THAI.

Amazing farang.

I have removed a couple of off topic posts. The purpose of this topic is to help people that now have the Edge browser not an opportunity to bash immigration .

The fact that the online reporting website is designed for IE has been discussed many times before. It has also been mentioned that the reason for that is that it has to access a platform that is based upon IE that is many years old. All of immigration websites work best on IE.

You can access the 90 day reporting with many browsers. With Chrome and Firefox installing the IE Tab extension works good with it.

• Like 2

I tried to do the report with a couple of browsers and eventually managed to fill in the form but the submit button would not work.

So I used my son's computer which uses windows and had internet explorer, filling in the form was much easier and the submit button worked, but it simply took me to a message to visit a local immigration office. The message seemed to be triggered by the SSL certificate error.

I tried to do the report with a couple of browsers and eventually managed to fill in the form but the submit button would not work.

So I used my son's computer which uses windows and had internet explorer, filling in the form was much easier and the submit button worked, but it simply took me to a message to visit a local immigration office. The message seemed to be triggered by the SSL certificate error.

Perhaps the captcha was not correct when the submit button didn't work. As said with Chrome and Firefox you need to have an extension installed for it to work.

The message to contact you local office means your record was not found or there could of been a problem accessing the database at that time. It has nothing to do with the security certificate.

All those people running W10 after upgrading, you do realize that Internet Explorer 11 is also part of the system (W10) as well as Edge?

Just type ie11 in the search box and click on the .exe. If you plan to use it for certain things, either put a shortcut on your desktop, add it to your start menu or, when it is running, right click on the icon on you taskbar and select pin this program.

A lot of people don't know that...............wink.png

I do not want to appear in any way to be Thai bashing, but it does appear that websites that are built by Thai's never work, are hopelessly out of date, or both.

There are many things that Thai's are exceptionally good at, but building websites is not one of them!

Amazing how some people notice problems in Thailand while apparently remaining oblivious to what's happening elsewhere in the world.

You have heard of the total disaster that was the US "Obamacare" registration website,

the similar disaster in UK "Earlier this month, the UK Border Agency's computer system crashed and led to the cancellation of 500 visa appointments, and officials warn that it could happen again,"

the recent cessation of all trading on the New York Stock Exchange for 4 hours,

And on the same day the total grounding of all United Airline planes worldwide due to computer program failure,

As well as other computer glitches that "Just one day after flight delays caused by a computer glitch led to fist fights at an airport outside of London, a similar computer glitch grounded flights at several California airports on Wednesday."

The list is too long to detail.

Are you saying all these were caused by Thai programmers?

I think you seriously misunderstand what I was saying. I was simply saying that a very high percentage of Thai websites don't work, are out of date, or both.

I was not suggesting that its only Thai websites that are poorly constructed or managed, but I am saying that Thai websites are far more likely to be poorly constructed or managed when compared to the west. It's a perfectly valid and on-topic statement as we are discussing a Thai website that does not work as it should.

I am not Thai bashing, I do not do that. I acknowledge that Thais have strengths and weaknesses, there are a great many things that Thai people excel in, for example did you know that Thai welder fabricators and considered around the world to be the best ? I have seen Thai carpenters that are better than any I have seen in the west, I have seen Thai classic car body restoration here that is to the highest standards in the world. BUT the fact remains that typical Thailand websites are awful. !

• 2 months later...

I have tried the 3 methods suggested here:

- In Chrome via the IE extension

- In Edge by selecting IE

- By typing IE11 in the search box and clicking on the .exe.

Each time I was told to contact my local Immigration Branch Office. Even after repeated efforts.

Does this mean that my request has been processed or not?

I have tried the 3 methods suggested here:

- In Chrome via the IE extension

- In Edge by selecting IE

- By typing IE11 in the search box and clicking on the .exe.

Each time I was told to contact my local Immigration Branch Office. Even after repeated efforts.

Does this mean that my request has been processed or not?

NOT processed.

The message means that for some reason your database record cannot be found.

Was your current entry into the country prior to 2013?

Have you gotten a new passport since your last entry?

Did you use the pull down menu to select your nationality?

My current entry was in May 2015.

I'm still using the same passport.

I use the pull down menu each time for my nationality. The other fields are auto-filled by my browser/IE extension, which saves me a lot of hassle. After each rejection ("contact the Immigration Branch Office, etc."), I'm automatically sent back to the original page, and I retype the new Captcha and try submitting my info again ... and again ... and again ...... ad nauseam

My 90-day is due on 1 November. Is there still time to just mail it via Thai Post to BKK Immigration? (I live in BKK)

You are to late for a mail in report and submitting the online report. Both require 7 days before the report date.

You will have to do the report in person.

Chaeng Wattana is not the only place you can do the report. You can also do them at the offices at Imperial World Lad Phrao and Major Hollywood Suksawat.

• Like 1

You are to late for a mail in report and submitting the online report. Both require 7 days before the report date.

You will have to do the report in person.

Chaeng Wattana is not the only place you can do the report. You can also do them at the offices at Imperial World Lad Phrao and Major Hollywood Suksawat.

Thanks, Ubonjoe. I was not aware that online reports had to be done at least 7 days in advance.

Chaengwatana is closest to where I live, so off I go to waste an afternoon, but I'll bring a good book.