Sending stuff back to Australia .

gusincebu

After living here 3 years my daughter has decided to return to Oz. She wants to take her good stuff with her ..mostly clothes, and soft furnishings. Some high end kitchen equipment, and glassware. Its too much to take as luggage and will need to be shipped. Any suggestions ? Particularly from anyone who may have actually done this ...thanks

Ensure that the goods she sends back to Australia is more than 12 months old or she will be up for Customs duties and GST if the shipment value is over $1000.00. A good idea is to send back old goods and take the newer goods with her.

I cannot help with transport but depending on weight check out the Thai post.

Edit

The $1000.00 limit is still valid but there are news reports that the treasurer is trying to change this

Hi my wife just posted a 20kg box of used household goods and clothing by suface mail thru Thai Post, they supplied the box, cost Bt 2,900.00 Bangkok to Gold Coast, sent on last Friday. Just attach a label stating contents are used household goods, clothing etc. Airmail was Bt7,500.00 for 20kgs.

BW

Hi gusincebu

I have 2 mates here on the GC like me relocated from Thailand back to this area, both used Thai Post and were happy with the service, cartons were recieved un opened and undamaged, delivered by Australia Post direct to the front door. Good service i reckon.

BW

Archived