Mattress recommendation? ! Thank you.

moonseeker

If your existing mattress (from Index, 7 year warranty) has started to sag after 5 years, as has mine, I don't expect putting a foam overlay on top is a good idea, as the foam will still follow the contours of the mattress under it.

Edited by giddyup

• 6 months later...

Those rock hard Thai "mattresses" really have come close to ruining all my holidays. Here in the USA I go to Walmart and buy those "foam" mattress tops that come all rolled up in bag. Cost about 30 USD. One or two of those and I can make the floor comfortable. I am a contract engineer and on many jobs when away from home staying in a hotel or cheap apartment or room rented in a house, those things have made a fine bed. I never quiet saw them in Thailand. All the furniture stores, Big C etc. have mattress pads but they were not like these. I plan to bring one with me on my next trip to the LOS. With import taxes and hassles I am sure it won't be worth ordering them online but maybe some Thai company carries them. I pasted a link below to the cheap toppers I was talking about. If the link doesn't work go to W Mart site and search on mattress toppers. The cheap ones have worked well for me.

http://www.overstock.com/Bedding-Bath/Memory-Foam-Mattress-Toppers/4545/cat.html?featuredproduct=8111119&featuredoption=11311952&cid=225772&kid=113194307315267&track=BingPLA&utm_medium=cse&utm_campaign=bingpla&utm_source=bingpla&countrycode=US&srccode=cii_328768002&cpncode=45-148048871-2

The best I experienced were at the D Mansion up off soi bukhao. Before they built the new addition,the old section had 4 or 6 inch "latex" feeling mattresses. Best I have ever slept on since the 70s back in my childhood house that had a rubber/latex/foam upper mattress. Check with them and see where they got them if they still have them.

Sealy is carried by all the major stores and you can find competitive pricing. I have a king size but Sealy can custom make for you if you are tall.

Yes. Agree. Sealy. titanium is very good quality for back problem i bought it 3 yrs ago king size of. Titanium model , after discount cost me about 45,000 baht. But it help and support a lot. Sleep comfortable

My back can not stand the hard asian mattresses at all so the first thing after getting a place here was to find a soft comfy

mattress to replace the rock that came with the place. Tried thick soft topper first but not soft enough for me.

Bought one from the guy selling mattresses just outside HomePro cashiers on Pattaya Klang.

Brand is Homematt, I recall I paid something around 13 or 15k for Queen. Soft, just right for me, no complaints so far.

• 1 month later...

I don't know whether they are of the same quality but I did have the opportunity to try out the IKEA mattresses in Hong Kong. Even the firm ones were soft. I was not impressed and I thought they were far too soft for someone with back problems.

I don't know whether they are of the same quality but I did have the opportunity to try out the IKEA mattresses in Hong Kong. Even the firm ones were soft. I was not impressed and I thought they were far too soft for someone with back problems.

I like soft mattresses, IKEA sell western standard , if you want them hard as rock a local BiG C matress should be good enough.