Will Pattaya be a ghost town in ten years?

Asiacat

Progress ?? I suppose you call the new beach walk disaster progress too. And how about big touring business in Pattaya that is running roughshod every where.

So you just keep telling yourself how great "progress" is. .

Right I like walking into a bookstore and scanning hundreds of magazines and books in a matter of seconds. Its not really serious reading. Like when waiting for a film to start.

My first post here was not about the past it was about the disaster and sorry mess Pattaya is today as a result of what you call progress( reckless over development and a degraded infrastructure ) Maybe if you would put down your E book , get out of the mall for a change you would see the real reality, not the virtual one.

At any rate im finished replying to the diatribes. ( we are not on different pages rather different books )

Thanks for your "diatribe". It's a shame you don't read or understand what you're replying to, but so many of you are convinced that Pattaya is a disaster zone it's a wonder you're all still here. Many of you live in the past. Anything more than a fishing village is unacceptable. The problem is not Pattaya, but your distorted perception of it.

We'd all be quite happy to see you leave, so we don't have to sift through pages of nonsense about how Pattaya is on its last legs and due to collapse. These type of posts have been running since the inception of this forum in the early 2000's.

It's a shame that you don't understand that Pattaya IS a disaster zone.

It's been a disaster since at least the early 90s and the same broken pavements from then are still in existence today.

However, we like the disaster as if it had good infrastructure even more families and rich people would be there ruining the place and putting up prices.

No matter how much you try to say that the infrastructure is great, it isn't. When hotels have to truck in water and the parking is usurped by the m'bike for rent hoodlums never mind scams like the jet skis, it is not a "good" place.

BTW none of us would like it if it were a fishing village.

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You can't extrapolate "leaving" to mean not coming any more? Bit literal are we!

You're confused again. "Russians leaving" is about expat Russians leaving who were living here full time. It's a different topic to Russian tourists not arriving.

Your claim that because a few visit an expensive hairdresser means business is booming in Pattaya is laughable. Maybe with the up themselves rich, but not for the average Thai or foolish farang that own businesses in Pattaya.

What is laughable is your response to an example of a success story in an area that people are touting gloom and doom. If a place is crashing as many assume Pattaya is, then upmarket, expensive shops are usually the first to suffer.

Tell that to the developers that built Avenues. I was there when it opened, and I could see it was going to fail even then.

Yes, some projects do fail, but that doesn't prove they all do. There's only one real shopping mall in Pattaya - Central. The Avenue was a failure, but it's small potatoes compared to Central/Hilton. What's your excuse for Central succeeding? I already mentioned that real estate is all about position.... but you'd have everyone move to Jomtien and ruin your favourite beach.

Are you seriously claiming Pattaya has a better beach than Jomptien???????????

Stop dreaming stuff up... Please find the quote where I said Pattaya was a better beach than Jomtien? You won't find it because I never said it. What I said was that once upon a time Pattaya Beach was just the same as Jomtien Beach, BEFORE Pattaya developed into a tourist resort.

Now you are the troll. You obviously consider yourself as someone with unlimited needs- I could say what I really think, but that might get me suspended.

I am married and live far from the tourist scene.

It's too bad you can't tell me what you really think here - send it to me in a PM if you like. My email is listed too - no need to hold back - get it off your chest.

I know nothing about your personal life - I'm not interested. Going by what you've posted on this thread it would seem you fit the category of a sex tourists who has limited needs. I didn't even know you're married. I'll bet your wife likes expensive shops and malls, but you're too cheap to indulge her.

You OBVIOUSLY haven't read many of my Pattaya posts, or you would know I LOVE Pattaya. It's the greedy up themselves businessmen trying to remake Pattaya into an upmarket destination that I despise. They should all PO to Hua Hin or some other ruined tourist dump full of overpriced hotels and poncy restaurants.

You are CORRECT!!! I've read very few of your Pattaya posts. I don't follow you on this forum, and judging by your offerings here, I won't start. I'm only replying to what you offer in this particular thread, and you've expressed nothing but endless whining here about how much of dump Pattaya is....and then you say you love Pattaya, in caps??????... and then keep talking about how much you like Jomtien. Confused are we?

Why don't you just accept that some people like nice shopping malls and some don't. Some like expensive hotels and some don't. Some people prefer Jomtien, some don't. There's no need to insult people who don't agree with your farm boy (I'm assuming you come from a farm as you don't have shopping malls where you come from - a place you fail to name) attitudes. Maybe you come from somewhere in the outback of Australia.

What makes Pattaya a great place to be is the variety. Expensive doesn't necessarily indicate overpriced. Many of the more expensive restaurants here represent exceptional value, but you wouldn't know that because you're walking around with an attitude that any place other than a food cart is "poncy".

Edited by tropo

Progress ?? I suppose you call the new beach walk disaster progress too. And how about big touring business in Pattaya that is running roughshod every where.

So you just keep telling yourself how great "progress" is. .

Right I like walking into a bookstore and scanning hundreds of magazines and books in a matter of seconds. Its not really serious reading. Like when waiting for a film to start.

My first post here was not about the past it was about the disaster and sorry mess Pattaya is today as a result of what you call progress( reckless over development and a degraded infrastructure ) Maybe if you would put down your E book , get out of the mall for a change you would see the real reality, not the virtual one.

At any rate im finished replying to the diatribes. ( we are not on different pages rather different books )

Thanks for your "diatribe". It's a shame you don't read or understand what you're replying to, but so many of you are convinced that Pattaya is a disaster zone it's a wonder you're all still here. Many of you live in the past. Anything more than a fishing village is unacceptable. The problem is not Pattaya, but your distorted perception of it.

We'd all be quite happy to see you leave, so we don't have to sift through pages of nonsense about how Pattaya is on its last legs and due to collapse. These type of posts have been running since the inception of this forum in the early 2000's.

It's been a disaster since at least the early 90s and the same broken pavements from then are still in existence today.

However, we like the disaster as if it had good infrastructure even more families and rich people would be there ruining the place and putting up prices.

No matter how much you try to say that the infrastructure is great, it isn't. When hotels have to truck in water and the parking is usurped by the m'bike for rent hoodlums never mind scams like the jet skis, it is not a "good" place.

BTW none of us would like it if it were a fishing village.

Seriously, you need to read a post you're replying to instead of dreaming up what you thought someone said.

No matter how much you try to say that the infrastructure is great, it isn't.

I challenge you to find the post where I said the infrastructure is great. It isn't!

Do you not recall my posts where I mentioned development "growing pains" that is typical of all rapidly growing cities. Pattaya is still in its infancy as a city.

It's a shame you don't understand that this is merely your opinion, and repeating it over and over doesn't make it a fact.

Sure, the infrastructure is still primitive, as we have discussed, but IMO it most certainly is not a disaster zone, and I'm making this assessment in the context of Thailand in general and many countries in this area of the world.

You can't extrapolate "leaving" to mean not coming any more? Bit literal are we!

You're confused again. "Russians leaving" is about expat Russians leaving who were living here full time. It's a different topic to Russian tourists not arriving.

Your claim that because a few visit an expensive hairdresser means business is booming in Pattaya is laughable. Maybe with the up themselves rich, but not for the average Thai or foolish farang that own businesses in Pattaya.

What is laughable is your response to an example of a success story in an area that people are touting gloom and doom. If a place is crashing as many assume Pattaya is, then upmarket, expensive shops are usually the first to suffer.

Tell that to the developers that built Avenues. I was there when it opened, and I could see it was going to fail even then.

Yes, some projects do fail, but that doesn't prove they all do. There's only one real shopping mall in Pattaya - Central. The Avenue was a failure, but it's small potatoes compared to Central/Hilton. What's your excuse for Central succeeding? I already mentioned that real estate is all about position.... but you'd have everyone move to Jomtien and ruin your favourite beach.

Are you seriously claiming Pattaya has a better beach than Jomptien???????????

Stop dreaming stuff up... Please find the quote where I said Pattaya was a better beach than Jomtien? You won't find it because I never said it. What I said was that once upon a time Pattaya Beach was just the same as Jomtien Beach, BEFORE Pattaya developed into a tourist resort.

Now you are the troll. You obviously consider yourself as someone with unlimited needs- I could say what I really think, but that might get me suspended.

I am married and live far from the tourist scene.

It's too bad you can't tell me what you really think here - send it to me in a PM if you like. My email is listed too - no need to hold back - get it off your chest.

I know nothing about your personal life - I'm not interested. Going by what you've posted on this thread it would seem you fit the category of a sex tourists who has limited needs. I didn't even know you're married. I'll bet your wife likes expensive shops and malls, but you're too cheap to indulge her.

You OBVIOUSLY haven't read many of my Pattaya posts, or you would know I LOVE Pattaya. It's the greedy up themselves businessmen trying to remake Pattaya into an upmarket destination that I despise. They should all PO to Hua Hin or some other ruined tourist dump full of overpriced hotels and poncy restaurants.

You are CORRECT!!! I've read very few of your Pattaya posts. I don't follow you on this forum, and judging by your offerings here, I won't start. I'm only replying to what you offer in this particular thread, and you've expressed nothing but endless whining here about how much of dump Pattaya is....and then you say you love Pattaya, in caps??????... and then keep talking about how much you like Jomtien. Confused are we?

Why don't you just accept that some people like nice shopping malls and some don't. Some like expensive hotels and some don't. Some people prefer Jomtien, some don't. There's no need to insult people who don't agree with your farm boy (I'm assuming you come from a farm as you don't have shopping malls where you come from - a place you fail to name) attitudes. Maybe you come from somewhere in the outback of Australia.

What makes Pattaya a great place to be is the variety. Expensive doesn't necessarily indicate overpriced. Many of the more expensive restaurants here represent exceptional value, but you wouldn't know that because you're walking around with an attitude that any place other than a food cart is "poncy".

There's no need to insult people who don't agree with your farm boy

Pretty rich from someone that accused me of being a sex tourist and implying that a farm boy is an inferior person!

you've expressed nothing but endless whining here about how much of dump Pattaya is....and then you say you love Pattaya, in caps??????... and then keep talking about how much you like Jomtien. Confused are we?

Not at all, but you are. I like Pattaya being a dump because it keeps the families and rich people away, not because I like dumps. I only went to Jompien a few times for the beach and immigration, so it doesn't even register on my "likes". However it's a fact that the beach is better than Pattaya NOW, not in some pre Pattaya city time.

If people like malls they would still go if it was in Jompien. It's not far away. No one is saying don't build Central Festival at all. Same with expensive hotels.

I rarely eat from food carts. I like restaurants that serve a big breakfast in the 100 to 150 baht range and extrapolate to the rest of their menu. Small Thai restaurants ( of which there are thousands in Pattaya ) that serve 50 baht meals are OK too.

No intention of PMing you. There is a report function on them too.

As this is becoming a bickerfest and going to be deleted if continued this is my last contribution to you on this thread.

He'd probably love Penang, full of expensive hotels and shopping malls.

He has been to Penang quite a few times and he doesn't want to move there for many reasons. Would you believe he doesn't really like the shopping malls there - been to them all LOL. I also dislike the shopping malls in Hong Kong.

Just because a person likes to have convenient access to nice shopping malls, doesn't mean it's the only requirement in choosing a place to settle. The extreme tropical heat is one of the reasons why I like a really like good shopping malls in Thailand. Back at home they weren't important or necessary.

Edited by tropo

There's no need to insult people who don't agree with your farm boy

Pretty rich from someone that accused me of being a sex tourist and implying that a farm boy is an inferior person!

you've expressed nothing but endless whining here about how much of dump Pattaya is....and then you say you love Pattaya, in caps??????... and then keep talking about how much you like Jomtien. Confused are we?

Not at all, but you are. I like Pattaya being a dump because it keeps the families and rich people away, not because I like dumps. I only went to Jompien a few times for the beach and immigration, so it doesn't even register on my "likes". However it's a fact that the beach is better than Pattaya NOW, not in some pre Pattaya city time.

If people like malls they would still go if it was in Jompien. It's not far away. No one is saying don't build Central Festival at all. Same with expensive hotels.

I rarely eat from food carts. I like restaurants that serve a big breakfast in the 100 to 150 baht range and extrapolate to the rest of their menu. Small Thai restaurants ( of which there are thousands in Pattaya ) that serve 50 baht meals are OK too.

No intention of PMing you. There is a report function on them too.

As this is becoming a bickerfest and going to be deleted if continued this is my last contribution to you on this thread.

There you go. I would never eat one of those 100 - 150 baht breakfasts.... so we're on a different page. A farm boy is fine, but it's the reason we have different views of the world and on the current development in Pattaya. I've always lived in or near big cities. I wouldn't insult someone who enjoys cheap breakfasts or food cart meals - each to their own... however there's no need to insult people who prefer finer dining.

I didn't think "sex tourist" would be insulting in the context Pattaya. Some come for the girls, some don't. I didn't know you were married, so I apologize if that upset you.

Just returned today from a few days in Pattaya and it looked more like a ghost town than the Pattaya of old. One bar had just one person in it, others had none.

The biggest problem in Pattaya are the taxis. I tried several and none of them would put the meter on. Sir needs to get it sorted out. I was quoted Baht 400 for a 5km trip. Eventually I paid 150 but still over priced.

The taxi's need seriously to be taken in hand they are the biggest thieves I have come across in thailand.

This is a hot potato of a question that I just not recall how many times it has been asked on TV.

All I can say Pattaya is still bustling...

But I do wonder what has happened to some of the soothsayers and Pattaya knockers who have posted when this question has arisen in the past who seem not to be with us any more???

Post 181" However we like the disaster as if it had good infrastructure even more families and rich people would be there ruining the place and putting up prices".

Post 184 "I like Pattaya being a dump because it keeps the families and rich people away".

A couple of very strange quotes there! In particular the "we like the disaster" quote. By his own admission this poster is married and does not even live in Pattaya. It appears he is happy if expats live in Pattaya with it's broken down infrastructure but he prefers to live elsewhere. He doesn't want families or 'rich people' visiting as they would push up prices. I'm sure many of us can surmise why he visits Pattaya, married or not, and why he wants to keep prices down. Too bad about the ageing expat who just wants to live a nice honest and peaceful life with decent shopping malls, workable infrastructure and not be surrounded by hordes of sex tourists and criminals.

Pattaya will always be Pattaya but it can be improved greatly. It will never lose it bawdy reputation but I'm all for attracting more families, couples and even 'rich people' and improving infrastructure. It's a great place but it can do without many of the lowlife it attracts.

As long as there are girls, Pattaya will always do well.I can understand why Indians are coming with their new found disposable income and their oppressed life style back home.

However, I can't understand why the Chinese are coming. Sure, they also have new found disposable income, but women there are hot and easly avaiable.

Eastern Europeans, are much like the rest of Europeans, and the same reasons.

Long live Pattaya.

Post 181" However we like the disaster as if it had good infrastructure even more families and rich people would be there ruining the place and putting up prices".

Post 184 "I like Pattaya being a dump because it keeps the families and rich people away".

A couple of very strange quotes there! In particular the "we like the disaster" quote. By his own admission this poster is married and does not even live in Pattaya. It appears he is happy if expats live in Pattaya with it's broken down infrastructure but he prefers to live elsewhere. He doesn't want families or 'rich people' visiting as they would push up prices. I'm sure many of us can surmise why he visits Pattaya, married or not, and why he wants to keep prices down. Too bad about the ageing expat who just wants to live a nice honest and peaceful life with decent shopping malls, workable infrastructure and not be surrounded by hordes of sex tourists and criminals.

Pattaya will always be Pattaya but it can be improved greatly. It will never lose it bawdy reputation but I'm all for attracting more families, couples and even 'rich people' and improving infrastructure. It's a great place but it can do without many of the lowlife it attracts.

The ageing expat who just wants to live a nice honest and peaceful life with decent shopping malls, workable infrastructure and not be surrounded by hordes of sex tourists and criminals can PO to Hua Hin or some other place. Why do they have to stuff up Pattaya just because they are too stupid to realise that Pattaya is a monger's paradise? Anyone that doesn't like Pattaya as it is, and doesn't move elsewhere must be a bit of a thicko.

It's not like Pattaya is the only retirement place on a beach in Thailand. They're just selfish dog in the manger types that go to a place and if they don't like it, rather than leaving and going somewhere they do like, they try to change it, ruining it in the process.

It appears he is happy if expats live in Pattaya with it's broken down infrastructure but he prefers to live elsewhere.

Not by choice, and I hope to be moving back. Any expat that doesn't like Pattaya is able to leave, but most don't. Guess they like Pattaya despite the broken infrastructure.

Just returned today from a few days in Pattaya and it looked more like a ghost town than the Pattaya of old. One bar had just one person in it, others had none.

The biggest problem in Pattaya are the taxis. I tried several and none of them would put the meter on. Sir needs to get it sorted out. I was quoted Baht 400 for a 5km trip. Eventually I paid 150 but still over priced.

The taxi's need seriously to be taken in hand they are the biggest thieves I have come across in thailand.

I guess you haven't lived in Pattaya. A few years ago when I lived in Pattaya it was normal to see many bars with either one or no customers ( especially in low season )- that isn't new by a long chalk.

Pattaya has had too many bars for the number of patrons since at least the turn of the century after Purachai's crackdown on the western night life scene.

Taxis. Sorry but everyone that lives in Pattaya knows not to use them. Rip offs one and all. Use the baht buses.

The ageing expat who just wants to live a nice honest and peaceful life with decent shopping malls, workable infrastructure and not be surrounded by hordes of sex tourists and criminals can PO to Hua Hin or some other place. Why do they have to stuff up Pattaya just because they are too stupid to realise that Pattaya is a monger's paradise? Anyone that doesn't like Pattaya as it is, and doesn't move elsewhere must be a bit of a thicko.

It's not like Pattaya is the only retirement place on a beach in Thailand. They're just selfish dog in the manger types that go to a place and if they don't like it, rather than leaving and going somewhere they do like, they try to change it, ruining it in the process.

It appears he is happy if expats live in Pattaya with it's broken down infrastructure but he prefers to live elsewhere.

Not by choice, and I hope to be moving back. Any expat that doesn't like Pattaya is able to leave, but most don't. Guess they like Pattaya despite the broken infrastructure.

I did get to the stage of thinking of moving to Sihanoukville (everyone says Sihanoukville now is how it was here 30 to 40 years ago). It's a nice environment there but the problem is a severe police under resourcing. Even though the crime rate is bad enough here I would say proportionally Sihanoukville is facing a worse problem. Shame really

I guess you haven't lived in Pattaya. A few years ago when I lived in Pattaya it was normal to see many bars with either one or no customers ( especially in low season )- that isn't new by a long chalk.

Pattaya has had too many bars for the number of patrons since at least the turn of the century after Purachai's crackdown on the western night life scene.

Taxis. Sorry but everyone that lives in Pattaya knows not to use them. Rip offs one and all. Use the baht buses.

I lived 8 years in Pattaya. I agree they always have been a rip off but the powers that be need to sort it out

Edited by gandalf12

I lived 8 years in Pattaya. I agree they always have been a rip off but the powers that be need to sort it out

I would agree with you if I wanted to live in a clone of an overpriced, over regulated, over policed seaside town in my own country. However, I like LOS the way it is ( or more correctly as it was 10 years ago ) and for that one has to accept the bad stuff as well. If the "powers that be" started actually sorting things out it wouldn't be long before the sanuk was gone.

Sorry, but just don't use taxis if you don't want to get ripped off.

I like this guy, totally agree with your comments.

Some people are saying Pattaya is expensive, you have got to be kidding. Just spent some time in the south, beers and food twice the price of Pattaya and some restaurants were just deceitful in their pricing.

Pattaya is cheap for everything, most Thai meals under a 100 baht, American and English breakfast ranging from 70 baht to 150 baht, good food too. And I buy my Leo beer in bars priced from 45 B to 55 B.

As for the metered taxis, 55555 how long they been around? 8 years or so? Never ever used one in that time, but hey I just get a regular baht bus for 10 baht. Anyhow off for a few cheap beers now and I never sit alone, plenty of customers in the bars I go.

No need to worry about Pattaya, it will only grow bigger and bigger and compared to most other tourist towns this one beats them for price hands down.

I like this guy, totally agree with your comments.

Some people are saying Pattaya is expensive, you have got to be kidding. Just spent some time in the south, beers and food twice the price of Pattaya and some restaurants were just deceitful in their pricing.

Pattaya is cheap for everything, most Thai meals under a 100 baht, American and English breakfast ranging from 70 baht to 150 baht, good food too. And I buy my Leo beer in bars priced from 45 B to 55 B.

As for the metered taxis, 55555 how long they been around? 8 years or so? Never ever used one in that time, but hey I just get a regular baht bus for 10 baht. Anyhow off for a few cheap beers now and I never sit alone, plenty of customers in the bars I go.

No need to worry about Pattaya, it will only grow bigger and bigger and compared to most other tourist towns this one beats them for price hands down.

Pattaya IS expensive compared to what it used to be not long ago. Hotel room with ensuite, cable tv, AC and breakfast was 500, now 800 and it doesn't even have a lift. Rooms that would only have been worth 300 are now 600. The average seems to be 800. Restaurants have gone barking with the prices compared to a few years ago. Up in the north, I can get a room like that for 350 ( no breakfast ), a decent meal for 35 baht. Bangkok hotel prices have remained quite stable for over 10 years. I can still get a room off Sukhumvit for under 1000 baht, same as for 20 years. However, Pattaya has gone bonkers on the prices, except the baht buses, still the same price for 20 years.

Was talking tonight to a guy in the bar, a long term stayer. Has a partner up north about 30 kms out of Khon Kaen who owns a house. He says nobody speaks english in that local and after 5 days of being there he has had enough and wants to come back to Pattaya. Can't say I blame him, it's all good and well living in those places if you don't want to speak English or talk with anyone but your partner but it isn't for me.

Pattaya has it all, it will never become a ghost town, might be a bit dearer than up north but I'll pay for that no problems.

Was talking tonight to a guy in the bar, a long term stayer. Has a partner up north about 30 kms out of Khon Kaen who owns a house. He says nobody speaks english in that local and after 5 days of being there he has had enough and wants to come back to Pattaya. Can't say I blame him, it's all good and well living in those places if you don't want to speak English or talk with anyone but your partner but it isn't for me.

Pattaya has it all, it will never become a ghost town, might be a bit dearer than up north but I'll pay for that no problems.

The problem is, they guys who are complaining about the prices in Pattaya wouldn't live anywhere else, apparently.

I'm paying the same rent I paid 10 years ago. Electricity has risen slightly in the last 5 years .... before that I paid a fixed amount for 5 years. Petrol is cheaper than over most of the last 10 years, but of course that fluctuates, and meals at the restaurants I visit have barely kept up with inflation over 10 years. A lot of people jump to conclusions over price increases in a small time frame but fail to see the big picture. Prices just don't go up in a straight line.

What keeps Pattaya affordable IS the fierce competition for your baht, yet people complain the place is oversupplied by shops and services.

Pattaya will bigger and better in 10 years from now.

The problem is, they guys who are complaining about the prices in Pattaya wouldn't live anywhere else, apparently.

I'm paying the same rent I paid 10 years ago. Electricity has risen slightly in the last 5 years .... before that I paid a fixed amount for 5 years. Petrol is cheaper than over most of the last 10 years, but of course that fluctuates, and meals at the restaurants I visit have barely kept up with inflation over 10 years. A lot of people jump to conclusions over price increases in a small time frame but fail to see the big picture. Prices just don't go up in a straight line.

What keeps Pattaya affordable IS the fierce competition for your baht, yet people complain the place is oversupplied by shops and services.

Pattaya will bigger and better in 10 years from now.

I hope you mean larger and not bigger. As the main tourist area is completely developed the only way to get bigger would be to replace the cheap places with more expensive, and that is definitely not better.

Have you guys seen the plans for the plot of land next to view talay 6 (next door Central). There is a 31 level hotel going in there, no way a hotel would pump money like that into Pattaya if it was going backwards. Then there's Centric on 2nd road 30 + level towers, soi honey 30 + level towers.....it just goes on and I haven't even counted anything from there to Sukhumvit yet either.

Edited by Ling Kae

Have you guys seen the plans for the plot of land next to view talay 6 (next door Central). There is a 31 level hotel going in there, no way a hotel would pump money like that into Pattaya if it was going backwards. Then there's Centric on 2nd road 30 + level towers, soi honey 30 + level towers.....it just goes on and I haven't even counted anything from there to Sukhumvit yet either.

Have you seen the plans of Tower 1 in Jomtien, a 91 level tower is going up there, nobody would pump money in that if it was going backwards.

Oh wait, actually the plans is the only thing that exists.

Edited by Anthony5

Have you seen the plans of Tower 1 in Jomtien, a 91 level tower is going up there, nobody would pump money in that if it was going backwards.

2 of the ones I have mentioned are almost completed and sold out, the 31 level hotel has started work already, bit of a difference.

2 of the ones I have mentioned are almost completed and sold out, the 31 level hotel has started work already, bit of a difference.

Ok thanks for the clarification.

Since they are almost completed, I assume that the decision to build them was made long before May 2014.

I also assume that the developers also don't have a crystal ball, so their decision to build it is probably made on some expectations several years ago.

Expectations can be wrong.

For example the developers who build the Avenue would also not have expected that it was a dead born project.

On the site from the Montien hotel is already more than 10 years a MBK with hotel planned, but yet not started.

Things may have changed in the mean time.

As for the sold out remark, that is a completely different topic, which should be discussed in another thread.

Edited by Anthony5

^^yes I agree with all your comments. Funny you should mention the avenue, was down there today and apart from the passport office it was dead. All that place seems to attract is the several taxi meter taxis and their drivers on second road.

The Centric,would that be the Centric Sea,flag wavers outside to drum up business. when I go past at night all I have seen is 3 apartments with lights on. If it sold out or whatever it would be the off planner brigade wanting to flip quickly. The place is a dead duck,who the hell would want to live in a council block,it looks awful

The Centric,would that be the Centric Sea,flag wavers outside to drum up business. when I go past at night all I have seen is 3 apartments with lights on. If it sold out or whatever it would be the off planner brigade wanting to flip quickly. The place is a dead duck,who the hell would want to live in a council block,it looks awful

And this recent viewpoint on the Pattaya condo market: http://www.stickmanbangkok.com/StickmanWeeklyColumn2015/Pattaya-real-estate.htm