2000 Civic 1.8si Exclusive - Looking For Info

Bryan in Isaan

Wife and I just bought a 2000 Civic 1.8si. On the trunk it says "exclusive", rather than LX, EX, DX, etc... I have looked for info about this particular model and not found anything. The books all say 2000 Civics have a 1.6 L motor, 2001 Civics have a 1.7 L motor, neither has a 1.8 L, as mine is supposed to have. It runs good and accelerates like crazy. I'm wondering if this is some kind of custom dealer built car, maybe with an Integra motor. Has anyone ever heard of one of these?

Thank you,

Bryan

Edited by Bryan in Isaan

Good idea Sky. I will check in the daylight. Is that number stamp easy to find? I don't know whether or not it's a VTEC. Would the stamp # also contain that info? Redline on the tach is around 7k, but that does not necessarily correspond with the redline of the motor.

Thanks, Bryan

Edited by Bryan in Isaan

Hi Bryan,

Yes the stamp should be on the left side of the engine as you look at the engine bay.Its below the distributer about 8" down.If the badge on the back of your Civic says"Si" and its genuine,it will be a rare model here in Thailand as it was never sold here,just in Japan and the States.If your engine looks like the pic...its an Integra engine.Nice engine too:)

Let me know the code and I'll get some info for you.

post-18253-1158855537_thumb.jpg

Hi Bryan,

Cant find much info on the B18b.Seems the engine is a non-vtec,downtuned Integra engine.Estimated about 140bhp.If the engine redlines at 7K,I doubt its a VTec.Mines a B16A VTEC from the old Type R,the B16A redlines around 8k,170bhp.If you want to find some more info on your car,try www.jdmcivic.com or www.superhonda.com.

Good luck.....post a pic,Id like to see the car and engine!

Thanks for all the info, Sky. I'll post pictures if I can figure out how to do it.

I'm pleasantly surprised that a person can order a sleeper like this from Honda of Thailand. It's a four door and probably evan gets good gas mileage. When we take it in for oil change or tune ups where the car was originally purchased I will get my wife to get some history on it.

Is your car a Civic or Integra? What year?

Skyline:

I am posting a couple of shots showing the unusual 1.8si and the "exclusive" on the rear. The engine is a 1.8, similar to that of the 94-00 Integra. It is fun to drive, though probably not as sporty as your type R. You probably have a 5 speed too. Mine is an auto, since my wife didn't want to drive a stick. It still has plenty of oomph for getting around all those slow farm trucks around here.

Bryan

post-16516-1159427165_thumb.jpgpost-16516-1159427290_thumb.jpg

Edited by Bryan in Isaan

Hi Bryan,

the engine is a DOHC 1800cc, non VTEC (just before they launched VTEC engines).

They used it on a 3 door (88-91) EF civic models.

I have friends who drove this crazy machine around in Singapore (manual though, no Auto back then) & used the same engine to race in Macau too.

How's the consumption mate?

Skyline:

I am posting a couple of shots showing the unusual 1.8si and the "exclusive" on the rear. The engine is a 1.8, similar to that of the 94-00 Integra. It is fun to drive, though probably not as sporty as your type R. You probably have a 5 speed too. Mine is an auto, since my wife didn't want to drive a stick. It still has plenty of oomph for getting around all those slow farm trucks around here.

Bryan

post-16516-1159427165_thumb.jpgpost-16516-1159427290_thumb.jpg

Edited by Preceptor

Hi Preceptor:

Good question about the consumption. I have not checked it yet - I was going to fill it up and check it a couple of days ago, but couldn't get any octane 95 gas in our small town. I will drive to a city somewhere and get some. I was told by the previous owner that Octane 95 is needed but maybe octane 91 is good enough. I need to do some more research.

Your friend's old Civic with the 1.8 L motor must have been quick - small car with good power to weight ratio. I am not familiar with the Civic "CF". Is that anything like a CRX? Those looked real sporty, but wife didn't like them - said they look too much like toys. Well, that's why I liked them.

Bryan