Tesco Lotus announces major price-cutting campaign

webfact

Love the place, free napkins all day long no need to buy bogroll anymore.

Just prowl and collect napkins near the hotdog stand, few baht in the back pocket.

Thats on top of what I pull out on the toilet dispensers and stuff in my bag.

Thats how I adjust my cost of living in a tight economy.

Got to think like a Thai these days to survive here.

Hehehehhehehe :-)

Never a day without a big laugh reading TV

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I avoid them like the plague,

extremely poor service and quite often rude and next to useless staff

items marked as "on sale" are often the same or HIGHER than the normal price

items mark as "on sale" with a price are often refused to be sold (think it might be a discrimination thing there)

staff buying said discounted items before they reach the shop floor

normal priced items placed in sale items places

In full, a deceptive and disgraceful retailer.

anyone from the uk.that remember marks & spencer they bacame more than a household name the same as tesco became, till COMPLENCEY set in selling low quaility for high prices,customer care,it cant happen to us.well it did and it has.

their low price gimmick wont work,anyone who see's the thai rath just look at their advertiseing pages.

they need a complete turn around and a clear out,and staff that know what they are doing. they can start with HYGEINE.

anyone from the uk.that remember marks & spencer they bacame more than a household name the same as tesco became, till COMPLENCEY set in selling low quaility for high prices,customer care,it cant happen to us.well it did and it has.

their low price gimmick wont work,anyone who see's the thai rath just look at their advertiseing pages.

they need a complete turn around and a clear out,and staff that know what they are doing. they can start with HYGEINE.

And perhaps occasional shuttle buses to bring in new customers from villages or even the suburbs of larger towns and cities. Small cost, potential turnover.

Try going into global house you get hassle all the time global would say that there to help but most of the time they haven't a clue to find what you looking for

Easier and quicker to look yourself

homepro is the same,its called retail therapy.

Tesco is getting worse and worse, most of their supermarkets I have visited are dirty and worn down (the one across Central Rama 9 is a good example). Big C is slightly better- their farang food offerings are certainly better.

I really wish another serious supermarket competitor would move into Thailand, even the low cost chains like Netto, Aldi or Lidl would be very welcome. Too bad Carrefour is out, but perhaps Sainsbury, Albert Hejn or Delhaize could be interested?

Edited by skildpadden

Train some of the staff that are doing nothing but texting

To operate the cash registers and provide good customer

Service , your sales will increase

The reaction was very daunting when I asked the luncheon meat cutter to cut selections thin. GEEZUS. Thought I was asking for ????? don't know what but what a response. Oh and then she proceeded to ignore my request even after my hand signals.

I sent an email to Tesco..... lol that was ignored.

Train some of the staff that are doing nothing but texting

To operate the cash registers and provide good customer

Service , your sales will increase

The reaction was very daunting when I asked the luncheon meat cutter to cut selections thin. GEEZUS. Thought I was asking for ????? don't know what but what a response. Oh and then she proceeded to ignore my request even after my hand signals.

I sent an email to Tesco..... lol that was ignored.

Was it in English? If so then I imagine it was head-scratching time.

Seriously, complaining is considered to be very bad form in LOS. It's a face thing. If you write rather than fronting an actual person and scaring the daylights out of them, it will be ignored, 90% of the time by 90% of Thai establishments.

Edited by Down the rabbit hole

As stated, little produce is fresh, some like sweet potatoe is always rotten on the inside. No choice in potatoe types and often no potatoes at all. Very limited vegetable choices and those available already going off. produce keeps having the location in the store changed so making it very confusing and hard to find. Almost no beef and the little there is over 1000baht a kg. No Lamb. If I want good beef, lamb, pork I shop at Villa but is more expensive. Too few checkouts staffed but many staff wandering around who know little. This is at TL adjacent to On Nhut BTS. It is obviously very poorly managed.

Managed? As in management? LOL ... TIT...The "playground" of Asia... work?????? initiative? hustle? lol Manage what????

I hope nobody here is buying fresh produce or meat/eggs there. My wife gets waaaaaaaay better prices and quality (for produce/meats) at the market. I go to Rimpings for sausages, beef, corn oil, and baking supplies/bread. Rimping is higher, but since we skip Tesco altogether (at least we try to) the cheaper market prices offset the few expensive items I buy at Rimpings. They don't use that loudspeaker for broadcasting cheezy music/announcements.