Members only bar, Bangkok. Themes for each level ideas?

krisb

So a group of us that post on here have bought a property in central Bangkok that will be set up as a members only bar/ club/ place to relax in, that will be family friendly also.

Its a 3 storey building with a roof top area which will become the rooftop bar. This is accessible by elevator.

Each level has balconies for smokers.

So our question is, what should each level be themed as?

Kind of boring if each level is just another place to sit, or eat, or drink etc.

Any original ideas out there?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ahhh sounds like silom or sukhumvit or ratchada or siam sq...cool man...what about hiring an art curator to produce local art shows...you know have an opening and leave the art up for a month or whatever until the next installation is produced...

Ahhh sounds like silom or sukhumvit or ratchada or siam sq...cool man...what about hiring an art curator to produce local art shows...you know have an opening and leave the art up for a month or whatever until the next installation is produced...

You've read the mind of 1 of the guys involved.

Level 2 is called Bookie. He knows a great local artist at Phra Kanong, who is a lady monk(sorry not sure correct name) doing some great art.

Level 2 is called Bookie. He knows a great local artist at Phra Kanong, who is a lady monk(sorry not sure correct name) doing some great art.

the top level should be named "Toothless" after one of the other guys???....biggrin.png

the top level should be named "Toothless" after one of the other guys???....biggrin.png

A place to share wisdom you think?

One floor with music....another with a bar with stools and little music....so we can indulge in the art of conversation.

The third whatever you like....

Ground floors a dedicated pharmacy primarily for expats.

Second and third plus rooftop are open fir ideas.

This is a great idea i feel. A featured artist every month. cool jazz, and good food. I would go there.

I've heard it all now, a group of forum members buying a building & wanting a 3/4 storey bar?

If it's not a knocking shop you'll be broke

Which of your Thai gf's is the business & bar licence going in?

Did you all dream this up while you were drunk?

Name the road & location.

Craziest idea I've heard in a long long time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First floor sports bar,second level artists bar, third level family restaurant bar with booths each one different style booths ,car style,boat style ,plane style etc what ever inspires.. Rooftop fine dining with live music.

But I ain't going to cook there..

Krissy check out the Sofitel So in BKK you can get a few ideas from them.

You should also consider appropriate transportation such as a baht bus fleet...

Edited by Crazy chef 1

Well, if A**holes could fly, i'd suggest an airport.....

Seriously though, whats the square footage of each floor? If we're talking a townhouse then i'm out of ideas, but if it's sizeable then....

I would however suggest a dress code. No khaki shorts, no vests, no gold. And the thing about three floors is footfall, If you go for a fine dining area on floor 2, it's be a bit crap if you had alcohol enthusiasts walking past to floor three for the flashy lights and duff duff music....

Well, if A**holes could fly, i'd suggest an airport.....

Seriously though, whats the square footage of each floor? If we're talking a townhouse then i'm out of ideas, but if it's sizeable then....

I would however suggest a dress code. No khaki shorts, no vests, no gold. And the thing about three floors is footfall, If you go for a fine dining area on floor 2, it's be a bit crap if you had alcohol enthusiasts walking past to floor three for the flashy lights and duff duff music....

So i can't wear my gold Rolex given to me when Ieft the SAS?

Count me out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk