Hat Yai - Phuket flights

phuketsub

Bangkok Airways will start flights connecting Phuket and Haad Yai starting October 25.

Flights will leave HKT Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday mornings aboard a 70-seat ATR turboprop, with return flights the same morning.

One-way fares for the flights are 1,890 baht, all inclusive.

Long overdue.

Thai Smile hasn't tried it, last one to have a go was Happy Air with their triangular route Hat Yai - Phuket - Langkawi - Hat Yai. I thought that one might work. One before that was Phuket Air.

As Bangkok Airways are a pretty shrewd outfit one would assume they've researched this and believe they can make it work.

I do hope so, driving from Hat Yai to Phuket to visit the brother-in-law is one of my least favourite trips.

Thai Smile hasn't tried it, last one to have a go was Happy Air with their triangular route Hat Yai - Phuket - Langkawi - Hat Yai. I thought that one might work. One before that was Phuket Air.

As Bangkok Airways are a pretty shrewd outfit one would assume they've researched this and believe they can make it work.

I do hope so, driving from Hat Yai to Phuket to visit the brother-in-law is one of my least favourite trips.

NokAir tried it as well, but there was zero publicity for the route and the plane (737, I think) was too big.

NokAir tried it as well, but there was zero publicity for the route and the plane (737, I think) was too big.

There probably was publicity/marketing, but when the two pick-ups with the blaring loudspeakers drove past that one time, you, as with everyone else, tuned it out.