strange problem...can you help?

Yooyung

Hello all,

I, in the past used to use a program called 'Superantispyware' and then....a few months ago something went wrong and I uninstalled it, actually I cant remember exactly what happened but the point it this. Every time I try to download it again I CANT! I just cannot download it....and I want to! I have looked at the firewall to see if anythings up there....but its letting it through. I get a 'NO DATA RECEIVED' blank screen when I try to download it.....

It seems that something may be blocking me from downloading it, and thats really peeing me off! Any ideas??

Thanks in advance

Seems to be available from http://www.superantispyware.com/downloadfile.html?productid=SUPERANTISPYWAREFREE.

Otherwise maybe your adblocker is annoying the download.

A few years ago, at thaivisa.com this was a recommended tool for windows users

http://filehippo.com/download_spybot_search_destroy/

mmmm...ok, seems to be working from filehippo.....

Yes, its downloaded, but again, and I think I had this problem last time...its wont update!!!

Bloody computers!!!

Thanks for that anyway. Now I have the other problem to tackle...any more ideas?

Cheers

Try right-clicking the install/setup icon and select "Run as administrator".

It's also possible your AntiVirus / Security Suite or some other utility is actively blocking it.

You can also refer to the FAQ

I receive the error message "There was an error trying to retrieve definitions..."

EDIT to add a support suggestion:

Navigate to Start menu --> All Programs --> Superantispyware folder --> open it up and select: SAS Alternate Start

Yet another suggestion from the Bleeping Computer Forum:

Sometimes the servers are busy, undergoing maintenance, etc and there could be problems completing the update. Are you able to manually download the definitions from here? Click on the link for Download Installer and save SASDEFINITIONS.EXE to your desktop...then double-click on SASDEFINITIONS.EXE to install the definitions.

Edited by RichCor