Transfer of Contacts, Phone to Phone

terrytan

As Anthony suggested,

Contacts can be stored in

Phone Memory,

SIM memory, or

live sync'd via Internet Account

If the contacts aren't already being stored on the SIM Card, then it's usually worthwhile to use the Nokia menu utilities to copy them to the SIM Card. Then they're available to whatever phone you place the SIM Card into.

If you'd like to edit, or further annotate, the phone contact data then many email accounts that provide Mail/Contacts/Calendar allow sync'ing that data with smartphones. You can then use a Internet browser to more easily keep the data up-to-date. It also allows the flexibility of keeping the data with the email account, even if the phone (or SIM) need to be changed.

If you really need another option, Nokia should have a program that can read phone contacts connected to a PC using a data cable and place the contacts into a flat file (.cvs .tab or ,txt) that then can be uploaded into another application.

What is the exact model number of the Nokia phone?

The exact or preferred method will depend on answering this question.

Are you just looking to transfer a name and a telephone number" Or do your "contacts" contain more details (like an email address)?

In the simplest instance, utilizing the SIM as a both memory and transport might suffice.

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&rlz=1C1ASUC_enTH622TH622&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=transfer+contacts+from+nokia+to+android

http://www.android-file-transfer.com/tutorials/transfer-contacts-from-nokia-to-android-phone-tablet/

Thanks guys for your replies, i tried them all but kept getting rejected by my Nokia

I ended up taking the phones to our local IT shop and they did it for 500 baht, they also said there was a fault on my old Nokia which was the reason it wouldn't allow copying

Thanks again