Using small business loan from home country in Thailand?

RY12

Apologies that this question is so broad (I'm just musing at the moment) but I've read that a farang getting a loan in Thailand can be very difficult; but is it possible to get a loan in the U.S. through the SBA or something and then use it in Thailand? My wife and I have both run our own small businesses the last 5 years, her living in Thailand, me in the US, but we both would be happier at this point if we could get some capital together to fully open a serious business together in Thailand. Perhaps I could get a US loan and 'say' I'm using it for my American business, or do they occasionally audit to make sure I'm using it in the US and not in Thailand? Thanks!

Just technically speaking.

You put the loan in the books of your American company and then make a new loan from your American company to your Thai company.

The bank will never know but it might violate some rules by getting the loan under false pretenses.

In the books the loan would be there and the loan to the Thai company would be on the other side of the balance sheet.

In Holland I have never heard of a bank wanting any figures after they approved the loan as long as you pay back.

But you might be violating some rules.