Air Asia

napa_simon

Beware of Air Asia when purchasing air ticket. If you think their ticket is cheaper than other airlines buy one way and if you didn't buy a return leg beware as they force you to buy a return ticket even you haven't plan when are you coming back.

BEWARE OF AIR ASIA GROUND STAFF. BEWARE OF AIR ASIA GROUND STAFF. BEWARE OF AIR ASIA GROUND STAFF. BEWARE OF AIR ASIA GROUND STAFF. BEWARE OF AIR ASIA GROUND STAFF. BEWARE OF AIR ASIA GROUND STAFF. BEWARE OF AIR ASIA GROUND STAFF.

Are you referring to international or domestic? Many, if not most airlines will not allow you to board an international flight without an onward or return ticket. This is a requirement of the country you are entering and it is the airline's responsibility to enforce this rule or they may be subject to a heavy fine. I'm definitely no fan of Air Asia, but I've never heard of any such rule for domestic flights. For international flights I can understand them having such a rule, especially in light of the new Thai immigration policy which makes having such a ticket mandatory for people entering without a visa. If you have an appropriate visa I would think they would waive the requirement.

OK so what's the problem with Air Asia? I've never flown them, but am only days away from purchasing my christmas/new year internal/external flights with them.

How do they rate as opposed to Jetstar and Tiger for example?

How's the seat width, leg room factor, and is there a fight to grab a seat at boarding times?

Cheers

Huh is right! Trying to figure out what happened here. I fly AirAsia all the time as we dead head back to BIK from Singapore, Kuala Lumpur and other destinations both domestic and international. I hold many one way and return tickets. Yes they hard to change and you must pay fee but I can say as an airline they ok. Yes they late more often than not but the worse for me was 2 hours. Generally 20 minutes or so. If you fly their first flight out of the day to whatever destination your going to on AirAsia you will find them always on time. This is because the plane is sitting on the ground from the night before. This goes for other airlines as well. The later in the day the more likely the flight to be delayed as air traffic and other factors make the flight run later and later.

OK so what's the problem with Air Asia? I've never flown them, but am only days away from purchasing my christmas/new year internal/external flights with them.

How do they rate as opposed to Jetstar and Tiger for example?

How's the seat width, leg room factor, and is there a fight to grab a seat at boarding times?

Cheers

They're almost always late, often very late. At least that's my experience taking evening flights. People taking the first flight of the day say they're mostly on-time for those flights. Yes, there's a mad dash to the gate when then announce boarding because there is no pre-assigned seats. It's everyone for themselves trying to get through the gate quickly so they can get a better seat. Totally uncivilized way of doing the boarding, IMHO, and I refuse to fly them again unless I have no options. Nothing really special about the seating. They did look like new seats, but still standard cramped seating typical for that aircraft in economy.

If you plan on using them for a tight connecting flight, forget it. There's no way you can depend on them. And even if you're connecting on another Air Asia flight you may miss your connection and be stuck losing your money for the connecting flight and need to buy a new ticket. If you don't mind the minuses and want to save money and aren't in a rush, then I suppose they're okay.

I've flown approxinately 75 flights with AirAsia since early-2004. All but a few of these flights were on one-way tickets as I prefer purchasing that way, even if I am making a return trip (AirAsia does not discount for return tickets). I've never been forced nor pressured to buy a return ticket with AirAsia.

I assume that the situation here is that you held a single ticket to a country where immigration requires a onward ticket to grant entry. AirAsia would not allow you to board if you do not meet the immigration requirement of the country you are going to.

Used Air Asia a number of times - rather impressed with them considering you pay practically nothing. Hope the great service continues. :o

I've flown them 18 times now .... 4 times were at least an hour late taking off. I still fly them. Safe fast and CHEAP

Used Air Asia a number of times - rather impressed with them considering you pay practically nothing. Hope the great service continues. :o

I've flown them 18 times now .... 4 times were at least an hour late taking off. I still fly them. Safe fast and CHEAP

If they're as late as you and everyone else says, how can you say they are fast? Fast compared to what, a car? Certainly not fast compared to the other airlines.

From BKK to Jakarta, i used jetstar/valueair and air asia.

I prefer , by far, jetstar, the staff is more friendly, the check-in is "civilised" with assigned seats and no price difference with air asia ( unless you book 3 months in advance the few lvery low cost tickets they advertise).

On top of that, when you wait for your connecting flight, for jetstar, it is in Singapore, plenty of things to do. For air asia, it was in Kl airport and quite boring+long queue at the immigration desk.

Beware of Air Asia when purchasing air ticket. If you think their ticket is cheaper than other airlines buy one way and if you didn't buy a return leg beware as they force you to buy a return ticket even you haven't plan when are you coming back.

BEWARE OF AIR ASIA GROUND STAFF. BEWARE OF AIR ASIA GROUND STAFF. BEWARE OF AIR ASIA GROUND STAFF. BEWARE OF AIR ASIA GROUND STAFF. BEWARE OF AIR ASIA GROUND STAFF. BEWARE OF AIR ASIA GROUND STAFF. BEWARE OF AIR ASIA GROUND STAFF.

Just a pointless rant by a misinformed newbie. :o

If they're as late as you and everyone else says, how can you say they are fast? Fast compared to what, a car? Certainly not fast compared to the other airlines.

actually at least one of those days EVERYONE was late .... but an overall comparison with all factors included I stand by my description .... <call in advance of going to the airport and get the info you need :D >

BTW fly early in the day and you are less likely to be late. Seems like it is a cumulative addition of late take offsper day ... <they are late taking off more often at night>

absolute load of bollicks this post is and the op has maybe been taking some illegal substanses.

i have flown everywhere in asia with this company and have never had a problem.

new planes, cheap prices and cracking looking cabin crew who do there job.

whats this crap about having to buy return tickets. :o

i flew to china this year from los and it was 1 hour late so whats the big deal. :D

run away mate and have a little sleep will you. :D

actually i'll be back on airasia in a few weeks and im looking forward to seeing the lovely ladies again. :D

Of course, it's possible that the OP was of a nationality that is required to have a return ticket in order to travel.

Perhaps the OP wasn't aware of this, and had mistakenly smelled a scam.

Personally I'd like to hear some more about Air Asia vs Tiger vs Jetstar etc.

What are the odds of me scoring an exit row seat?

Asia Air baggage allowance of 15kgs, vs Tigers 15 kgs (+5kgs if SGD$15 is paid at time of booking) vs Jetstar 20 kgs...

Do they all serve beer and spirits (at a cost?) Is there any entertainment?

Once in awhile, we may run into temperamental airline services staffs which in turn make our day hard. Low cost low services can't expect much.

quote: " low cost services can't expect much "

thanks very much thaising for using a bit of common sense here. :D

considering how much us punters pay these days on any of the low cost airlines, i think we are very hard pressed to complain about anything.

we do know that sometimes they run late but its a top idea to allow for this.

i'll give you an example of what i mean and im sure you all will understand what im on about.

from perth airport to my home in freo costs me $ 55.

its a 30 minute trip in the taxi. :D

i fly from singapore to bangkok for the same price. :D

2 hour trip.

this year i flew from bangkok to xiamen in china for $100. :D

4 hour trip.

cricky's people,

how can you complain about anything on these cut price airlines when your paying piss all. ? :D

i always get the cheapest fares as i have the luxury of time and can book well in advance so this is the trick.

now if im paying top dollar on main stream airlines and i get grief then i'll be the first to complain but lets keep this in perspective please.

cheers punters :o

From BKK to Jakarta, i used jetstar/valueair and air asia.

I prefer , by far, jetstar, the staff is more friendly, the check-in is "civilised" with assigned seats and no price difference with air asia ( unless you book 3 months in advance the few lvery low cost tickets they advertise).

On top of that, when you wait for your connecting flight, for jetstar, it is in Singapore, plenty of things to do. For air asia, it was in Kl airport and quite boring+long queue at the immigration desk.

Do they fly to Clark in the Philippines ?