Large and Dangerous Hole appears on Pattaya Beach Promenade

webfact

Large and Dangerous Hole appears on Pattaya Beach Promenade

hole-1.jpg?resize=610%2C393

PATTAYA: -- Late on Wednesday Night a large hole appeared on Pattaya Beach promenade which almost caused a foreign tourist to potentially sustain an injury.

The 1 meter wide and 2 meter deep hole appeared in the promenade opposite Pattaya Police Station and a foreign tourist almost fell into the hole but managed to avoid it.

The hole has exposed a major problem with the entire promenade which appears to have been poorly constructed and due to recent heavy rain, the foundation of mostly sand has washed away.

Full story: http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/207939/large-and-dangerous-hole-appears-on-pattaya-beach-promenade/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2015-08-07

It's a wonder more didn't collapse as there seems to be no support whatsoever under the walkway. What clown designed this, what clown approved this, and what clown paid for this mess? Scary as some of the rainy season is likely still ahead of us. The city could direct the pedestrians to walk across to the other side of the street where the shops are and use the wonderful, new, wide sidewalks they built over there. Oh, wait, they didn't do ANYTHING to fix up those narrow, horrible sidewalks during the renovation--no money in it.

I just scratch my head in disbelief that a sand foundation was used, and will be used again and again and again, irrespective of whether or not heavy rains will fall.

What explanation can the constructors / city hall / engineers have ? No money ?

And this is just 1 deep-cratered section of many.

And they want to keep the image of Pattaya high.

The end of Beach Rd, Walking Street end, has looked like a "bomb-site" for a long time now.

What goes on in those "empty-heads" ??????

You have to ask yourself who owns the company that got the contract, or is it his wife, or his Sister, or his Maid ?

They do a poor Job because they will always have to go back to make repairs ensuring a never ending stream of money from Government coffers.

This can be seen in many places in Thailand, roads being resurfaced and full of potholes after the rain comes, so they go out to repair them again and again and again, using the exact same methods ensuring the money keeps coming in, certain palms are greased and life goes on as normal.

It will never change as the money flows uphill to the people at the top, how else do these people amass such enormous wealth, not from their Civil servant salary that's for sure.

Edited by Broken Record

Poorly constructed? Oh what a surprise. Will the contractor be held responsible? Oh sorry, silly me, forgot where we are.

No, the contractor will be given the same job again at the same price or higher and do the same job.... nice work if u can get it and it will continue as long as the Thai people accept it.

The latest Hole Making madness is taking place in Jomtien on the "New Florida style Beach front" under construction by people who have No Set squares, No blue prints, No plumb lines, No spirit levels and No knowledge of what they are suppossed to be doing. Nothing lines up or is square or level with anything else, and the latest stupidity is the small "domestic garden patio" slabs they have put down that are barely 30mm thick and already rattling and wobbling as you walk on them. They won't last 5 minutes when the locals start driving on them in cars and motor bikes. Before any one asks - Yes the whole lot is built on sand.

Some moron obviously thinks the sea level and the sand level is about 20 feet lower than it actually is ?

There is a ready made 5 meter deep canyon opposite Soi 4 that is just waiting for a small child to plummet into. No guard rail and no barrier.

It all has to do with the madness that is "losing face". When some clown starts to make an utter and complete idiot of himself or some moronic project, not one single Asian will stand up and point it out and stop it spiraling out of control. As for the "workers" they are all from other countries nearby being paid a pittance. Most come from a country to the West that seems to have a nation wide drainage problem just now.

Anybody taking bets on whether or not the foundation of the beach road is on sand ?

if there was a proper foundation it wouldn't matter if build on sand. but obviously there is none.

Foundation, that's only used on faces isn't it.

" Further more, everyone hearing these sayings of mine and not doing them will be likened to a foolish man who built his house upon the sand. And the rain poured down and the floods came and the winds blew and struck against the house and it caved in and its collapse was great. " Mathew 26-27.

I was a Christian 'till I came to Thailand. I was ,honest.

It's a wonder more didn't collapse as there seems to be no support whatsoever under the walkway. What clown designed this, what clown approved this, and what clown paid for this mess? Scary as some of the rainy season is likely still ahead of us. The city could direct the pedestrians to walk across to the other side of the street where the shops are and use the wonderful, new, wide sidewalks they built over there. Oh, wait, they didn't do ANYTHING to fix up those narrow, horrible sidewalks during the renovation--no money in it.

It is deliberate design obsolescence. Thais do know how to properly build roads, walkways, streets, etc. They choose not to for several reasons.

1) Keep the costs as low as possible.

2) Use as much local labor as possible.

3) Repair and redo as often as needed.

4) Keep the workers working.

5) Rip it all out and start all over again. Excellent for employment.

If they did it the correct way the first time, they would have hundreds of laborers out of work.

As long as there isn't personal liability and lawsuits, they will continue to continue this cycle.

Same thing exactly on the beach walkway in Jomtien in front of the Heritage pattaya beach resort .

I’ve lost count how many times the walkway has collapsed and how many times the crew has been back to fill in the holes and replace the pavingblink.png I wonder how long it will take them to work out but what they are doing is evidently not effective.rolleyes.gif