Adobe flash player...still have problem?

Zodiac

Some sites I visit say I need to download the flash player, but I have the latest version. I read there was a problem with the flash player and security. Does anyone know the latest situation?

Thank you.

You can also check your Adobe Flash Player at:

https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player.html

As mentioned above by MJCM, the latest version for Windows is: 18.0.0.209, which fixes the security issue that was recently discovered by a hacking team.

All previous versions are blocked in Firefox.

It's also doesn't seem to crash so often in Firefox. In fact I haven't had a crash since switching to it, whereas previous versions would crash all the time!

Edited by BB1950

Very appreciative the helpful replies to my post, in particular from MJCM and BB1950. I deleted the flash player programme on my computer but downloaded as per the link and all seems ok now.

Cheers!

Edited by Zodiac

Very appreciative the helpful replies to my post, in particular from MJCM and BB1950. I deleted the flash player programme on my computer but downloaded as per the link and all seems ok now.

Cheers!

Some sites will claim that your flash player is not up to date and please download the newest version by clicking this link if you want to watch this content.

It's a trick to have you download some bad stuff.

Download flash player (if you need it) only from adobe.

• 1 month later...

The latest information is that worth to withdraw from Flash because now the most popular browser which is Google Chrome stop support the flash technology begining in 1 September this year. For now, mainly pop-up adverts, but I think that over time give up the Flash altogether in favor of HTML5 which is much better.