Thai Mature-Age Entry to Mattayom 4/5/6 Study

Hi all,

Our 22 y.o. niece-in-law currently holds only a Mattayom 3 certificate. After realising that a good job is the only honest way to make a good living (marrying a foreigner 40 years her senior was not an option considered) She has shown aspirations of studying at a technical college in Australia (TAFE for my fellow Australian TV members). No issues with accommodation, funds, sponsorship etc; however, to be considered eligible for admission (to TAFE - Certificate III or IV) she is required to hold at least a Mattayom 4/5 education. Can anybody recommend a 'good' institute which might offer a bridging course that offers an equivalent qualification to a Mattayom 4/5/6 certificate of attainment?

So far my research has identified 'Better Plus' a school near Victory Monument in BKK. 70k THB offers a fast-tracked (6 month) Mattayom certificate and equivalent US high school diploma* <http://www.betterplus.net>.

This course seems like over-kill, as it appears to be aimed at prospective university students wanting to study abroad. Can anybody advise on any 'more suitable' or 'better value for money' courses? Or feedback?

Any recommendations/advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Regards,

J

Adult primary and high schools exist in many locations across Thailland and the fees are very small, and they have accreditation.

I know one Thai man who completed primary 4 5 6. Then high school 1 to 6, about 5 years back. Since completed his bachelor degree and soon to finish his masters.

His school was under a clump of trees in the back of Lumpini Park .. I kid you not .. all day Saturday and Sunday.

Probably still in same location.

Archived