Thai people the way they are, not jokish so much.

BeefSlapper

Do you speak Thai ? Because may be they dont understand you, especially if you have a strong accent, if the OP is anything to go by.

I speak eng pretty clear and well.

My accent is easy to understand.

Its my 2nd lang tho.

But thats not so much a point.

I think ppl in europe are more open.

U know for example in uk at work guys joke, call themself w...r c..n etc. No one takes it serious.

I just cant get it here.

Perhaps its just asian culture that Im not used to. (Or thai)

"U know for example in uk at work guys joke, call themself w...r c..n etc. No one takes it serious."

IF they call themself names even for joke in my company they would get some troubles......That is inappropriate and not good for a professional working environment.

Yeah building sites and fabrication yards along with thousands of other UK workplaces aren't quite so serious and the behaviour the OP describes is 100% spot on,it doesn't make these people any less professional.

I can be offshore in the tea shack with a load of lads cursing swearing and generally having good banter an hour later I could be in a conference call to the beach with a load of big wigs.

Their is a time and a place.

I can't comment on the Thai workplace but I guess they do have a bit of craic as well.

yes building sites.....Ask yourself why these people work for a low salary on the building sides and aren't gynecologist (dream job of most) or bank director.

IF they are bit better they already became foreman.

As well on the boats.....some have the good banter, others are the captains and officers.

Often enough we promoted a motorbike delivery guy or the someone who do the heavy lifting in the stock to the office, to take care customer, as sales or as machine operator.....these weren't the people cursing and swearing...these were the people who were in control of themself. For taking care of the customer you must act neat and nice.. For taking care a CNC you must be cool and take problems without anger.

It must be just you....because all my Thai friends like a laugh and joke, the same as farangs

Totally agree- my Thai friends joke about and laugh at the silliest things- easy to wind up. Generally a happy lot- only problems seem to be around family.

Often the humour is a bit childish , but is that a problem .

To the OP , try living in London it's a fabulous frenetic city- talk to someone on the underground they would probably call the police!

True but not all.....The technicians here are very serious.... but of course they love the latest youtube video of a Ferrari driving 320 km/h.

The sales deal with the phone ring every 2 min, they have no time for fun.

The accountant is dead serious because of all the problems she has.

The lower ranks laugh....The others work.....The lower one get 9-12.000 Baht. The hard working get 30-40.000 Baht+extras per month. They may laugh on the payday.

One of my Aussie friends thought a Thai was joking when he said "HOK SIP ALL OUT!

I thought it was hilarious....60 all out, tut tut

Septics won't understand that joke....

are you are septic tank cleaner?

I meant a few aussie honey truck operators, thought I might know you.

How much to suck my tank?

I think this may be your mrs...

A nice, calm and respectable lady went into the pharmacy, walked up to the pharmacist, looked straight into his eyes, and said, "I'd like to buy some cyanide.

The pharmacist asked, "Why in the world do you need cyanide?

The lady replied, "I need it to poison my husband.

The pharmacist's eyes got big and he explained, "Lord have mercy! I can't give you cyanide to kill your husband, that's against the law. I'll lose my license! They'll throw both of us in jail! All kinds of bad things will happen. Absolutely not! You CANNOT have any cyanide . . . Just get a divorce!"

The lady reached into her purse and pulled out a picture of her husband in bed with the pharmacist's wife.

The pharmacist looked at the picture and said, "You didn't tell me you had a prescription."

They're not jokish at first and most of them cannot really express themselves, especially with the English language, but they sure do have a sense of humor and can bring it on when they get to know you more and be comfortable with you.

Edited by NYGuy816

Do you speak Thai ? Because may be they dont understand you, especially if you have a strong accent, if the OP is anything to go by.

Its my 2nd lang tho.

U know for example in uk at work guys joke, call themself w...r c..n etc. No one takes it serious.

I just cant get it here.

What do they call themselves? I've tried to fill in the dots.

Its my 2nd lang tho.

I just cant get it here.

I think it's some type of Subaru.

Its my 2nd lang tho.

I just cant get it here.

I think it's some type of Subaru.

I've spent the last hour trying to do his crossword.

Its my 2nd lang tho.

I just cant get it here.

Are you truly asking a question or making a statement? I tend to think the latter. Knowledgeable posters have already pointed out that you're wrong, but you seem to have already made up your mind. Thai people will joke around just like anyone else. If they're not joking around with you, it's apparent that you're the problem. Do you even speak Thai? How can you make a judgement about an entire group of people when you can't even speak their language? So typical TV.

You have to know what's funny to an asian. Obviously polish salami is a not the joke of the month.

Seriously though..don't joke and expect you workers to think you are funny. Mostly they are too shit scared of u to see the joke, even if you wanted to be pals with them at the right time.

It must be just you....because all my Thai friends like a laugh and joke, the same as farangs

I agree with you.

Almost as the OP was Trolling a little bit.

Joking, playing around, and even approach strangers with kindness, is one of the trademarks here.

Sure, there are tons of bad stuff, but that's for another discussion.

Listen to a group of Thais, and there will not go long before they laugh of something funny one of them said.

Normally about food.

I agree with you.

Almost as the OP was Trolling a little bit.

Joking, playing around, and even approach strangers with kindness, is one of the trademarks here.

Sure, there are tons of bad stuff, but that's for another discussion.

Listen to a group of Thais, and there will not go long before they laugh of something funny one of them said.

Normally about food.

Yes, perhaps he's trolling. Or maybe his brand of humor doesn't travel well. I mean, with a handle like that. Maybe he uses that as his e-mail. "Yes, please send all correspondence to [email protected]." Very professional. I'm curious though, is he largely a slapper or a slappee. On second thought, I really don't want to know.

You don't seem like a funny guy on this forum, maybe that's the problem. Tell us a few jokes so we can test and verify you.

I find Thais in general always in for a good laugh. Very pleasant and light-hearted ... But they don't like serious, dour, or humourless types, be warned.

OP: how good is your understanding/spoken command of Thai language? You will never truly get to know people--or understand the way they socially interact, as their true selves--until you speak their language. Without a good knowledge of Thai, there's no way you can possibly make an intelligent observation on any of the things you listed in your post.