Savannakhet Ok for 2 entry tourist visa ?

You can get at either. Savannakhet is not so busy and as closer is probably your best choice.

You can extend your current stay by 30 days at immigration for 1,900 baht if you haven't already done so.

Savannakhet does 2 entry tourist visas, You can get one without a problem there.

Apply by 11 am and get your passport back the next afternoon at 2 pm,.

UJ do u mean same day, they used to require overnight, Thanks for being on TV UJ

Next day. You need to stay overnight.

• Like 1

Savannakhet does 2 entry tourist visas, You can get one without a problem there.

Apply by 11 am and get your passport back the next afternoon at 2 pm,.

UJ do u mean same day, they used to require overnight, Thanks for being on TV UJ

It has been next day service again since February 1st.

• Like 1

Has the town become Less Boring...

It's been years since I was there but hated the place. I used to use Vientiane which is a better place to visit and has a nightlife if wanted. I'd only go back to Savannakhet if absolutely necessary.

• Like 1

Its ok for a meal a lao beer neer the river & quiet night, I don't dislike the place, it no hassle. Just be sure have an internet package on a thai sim as still can pick up the thai networks so gives you something to fill some time with.

It's been years since I was there but hated the place. I used to use Vientiane which is a better place to visit and has a nightlife if wanted. I'd only go back to Savannakhet if absolutely necessary.

Same here, nothing to do, overpriced tuk tuks,rooms,and food.

Same here, nothing to do, overpriced tuk tuks,rooms,and food.

large beer 50Baht, food around 100Baht to 150Bt, Rooms anything from 300 to 1000Baht, just shop about & be sure see prices before you commit to anything, tuk-tuk is expensive but you hardly need use them, bus station is 10 minute stroll (turn left out of bus station & keep walking & consulate is on your left), main town area is only a mile away & can be walked if not lazy, also tuk-tuk prices can be knocked down if stern with drivers.

It a real easy town for a one night visa trip. If you walk about you will see a lot more options than when just herded around in a tuk-tuk ...

The trip to the consulate this rnorning was easy as other members have already advised. I was there at 8 40 , six people in front of me , the doors opened at 9 , once inside there is a long wood table the queue for the visa window is right of the table , the visa application forms are in a basket at the window , i collected one and joined the queue while filling in the form , at the window I handed over the form , two photos , passport , photocopy of the passport details page and 2000 baht , I was given a number and will go to collect the visa tomorrow afternoon. I was probably there 15 to 20 minutes , the queue was about thirty people as i left. Udon Joe got a mention while we were waiting in line for the good advice he posts on Thai Visa , thanks Joe and all the others who contribute the information which helps so much.

As for the boring bit , I had a few beers at the guest house last night and went to sleep , so I was boring. This afternoon I,m meeting up with another visa runner and going out for a scout around.

• Like 2

hey you should appreciate places like this (there are not too many places left around the worldsad.png ) where at least you can walk around and feel safe in the middle of the night even along unlit roads!

even sleepy Sihanoukville in Cambodia is now seeing crime on the up and up (particularly bag snatching even when someone is riding on the back of a motorbike and even if they pull you off the motorbike )and is not somewhere I would feel comfortable walking around everywhere after dark.

you don't get any kind of crime like this against tourists in Savannakhet

Edited by Asiantravel

hey you should appreciate places like this (there are not too many places left around the worldsad.png ) where at least you can walk around and feel safe in the middle of the night even along unlit roads!

even sleepy Sihanoukville in Cambodia is now seeing crime on the up and up (particularly bag snatching even when someone is riding on the back of a motorbike and even if they pull you off the motorbike )and is not somewhere I would feel comfortable walking around everywhere after dark.

you don't get any kind of crime like this against tourists in Savannakhet

I know but had some Drama with GF, and didn't get to experience except restaurant on river, Felt Safen,definitely will go back, Mukdahan, Friendly people, I liked that town