New Season, New Football Gambling arrests made in Pattaya

webfact

New Season, New Football Gambling arrests made in Pattaya

football-2.jpg?resize=610%2C393

PATTAYA: -- With the new English Premier League Football Season starting over the weekend, the illegal football gambling operations are also starting up again, however District Officials say they are right behind them and vow to shut-down all football gambling operations in Pattaya over the next few weeks.

Their first arrest of the new season came in Soi Arunothai in Central Pattaya in the early hours of Sunday, where they organized an undercover operation to place 1,000 Baht’s worth of bets with the target, Khun Pitaya aged 29.

Following the transaction, a raid of his house took place. Inside was the target and a second man who was allowed to leave after he was found not to be part of the illegal operation.

Source: http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/211283/new-season-new-football-gambling-arrests-made-in-pattaya/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2015-08-10

A good number of EPL teams are sponsored by online betting, and hoardings also attempt to lure in bettors ("first 5 pounds free!"). Why is this crackdown such a high priority compared to all the scams, robberies, domestic violence, road carnage, etc etc. ? Easy pickings I would guess.

I also placed bets this week on Premier League matches but I did it safely in front of my laptop. With all the online options available today its strange they carry on with this type of gambling.