Searching For A Gym In Pattay

TMS

While reluctant to post, I have had no luck searching the forums. I am looking for a gym in Pattaya, preferably one with a pool and a squash court, but willing to compromise. Any recommendations/evaluations appreciated.

TMS

While reluctant to post, I have had no luck searching the forums. I am looking for a gym in Pattaya, preferably one with a pool and a squash court, but willing to compromise. Any recommendations/evaluations appreciated.

TMS

Saw what looked like a good one while crossing from Big C over to Beach Road. I think it's on the first floor of the big hotel shaped like a boat... lots of machines, big, everything looked new from the outside..

I went into that one, the one shaped like a boat, Royal Cruise Hotel, and it was 500baht for an all day visit, monthly 5000baht, then the new fairtex 1 year 42000baht 6 months 24000baht these seem very expensive. I am coming to Pattaya for 8 months end of October and would like to start a fitness regime but I think these are a bit on the expensive side for me, any one know of some cheaper ones?

I use the Gym at the A1 (Royal Cruise Hotel). It's a very good Gym, new Machines, nice Staff. Free use of the big Hotel Pool, Sauna and Steamroom. Very clean with nice and good Showers, but no Squash. Thuesdays a free Salat Buffet. Towels from the Gym, so you don't have to use your own. They have Special Offers sometimes. So I can not tell you how much you will pay, but I pay less than 20'000 Baht a year.

If you like People with big Muscles and Tatoos, you better go to Tonys, 3. Road. It's just 6000 Baht a year (at least that is he telling every Day in the Telly). I would not set a foot there. But that's me.

I went to the opening of the Fairtec gym and saw the beautiful boxer knock seven shades of <deleted> out of a Chinese guy.

Had a tour of the facilities, not so much a gym more a small town! Amazing stuff.

Not for Tarqers as him and exercise don't mix.

Hear that business ain't so good up there though so a walk in and a chat might yield results.

Pip pip.

:o

moved to pattaya three weeks ago and the gym was priority 2, for the price and eqiupment its hard to beat tonys, dont understand the negative of not using tony's on principle but then maybe i haven't been here long enough

as for equipment, it has everything that i could think of, i bought a 6 mo. membership for 8000 bt, if you join with another person theres a promotion for i believe 12000 for the both of you, if i have a knock on the place it would be seeing tony'y name on everything the only thing i found that didn't have his name on it was the toilet paper, i can live with that.

location is good also, can take baht taxi to a half a block from the club

jasper

Thanks for the input. After a couple days of shopping around, it looks like Tony's will end up on top due to price (hotel gyms are outlandish) and facilities (can't find a squash court, but they have aerobics for the wife). I will update if we find anything to the contrary.

TMS

Thanks for the input. After a couple days of shopping around, it looks like Tony's will end up on top due to price (hotel gyms are outlandish) and facilities (can't find a squash court, but they have aerobics for the wife). I will update if we find anything to the contrary.

TMS

Believe it or not, the five star hotel Dusit has a great deal. It's about 20,000 a year, right on the beach, great equipment, service, amenities (tennis courts, pools) and a great view. There are usually more employees/trainers than customers. A great place!

I think it does have a court but they wanted a lot of money to play...that is my vague recollection of a few years back...i usually go to the Ambassador but as i said it is a hike from Pattaya.

Where or what is North Fairfax?

i got a quote from the royal cliff they said 400 bht for 1 hour for squash, i have asked about is that for the court racket and balls. the fairfax(not sure if that is the right name) is the new complex i cant remember if it is on north or naklua, expensive by all accounts

I think it does have a court but they wanted a lot of money to play...that is my vague recollection of a few years back...i usually go to the Ambassador but as i said it is a hike from Pattaya.

Where or what is North Fairfax?

i got a quote from the royal cliff they said 400 bht for 1 hour for squash, i have asked about is that for the court racket and balls. the fairfax(not sure if that is the right name) is the new complex i cant remember if it is on Royal Cliff...didn't know they had a court.....I always take my equipment with me anyway.