Triumph custom work in Thailand?

thelongshoot

Hello everyone. I am thinking about buying a Triumph - either a T100 or a Thruxton - but I would really like to get some customs work done on it. Nothing too over the top, just a few changes in colour more than anything to mark it out from the crowd. Does anyone know if there is a customs scene here in Thailand? Maybe a custom shop that is well known for this kind of thing?

Many thanks

TLS

Try some of the Harley shops, they will know which painter to use, customs paint and stuff like that.

It don't have to be a chopper and especially Triumphs are "accepted" by the HD crowd.

Yes there is a huge custom scene here in Thailand, the trick is to find them and FB as suggested is a good start.

Call me old school (skool), a luddite, or whatever, but a lot of these modern custom shops building stuff with their own "brand name" and moody quality photography etc, i just don't get it. Sorry. I mean, building street/cafe style bikes with 16" wheels shod with those old Firestone square profile tyres, that don't go round corners, are lethal in the wet, and only should be on something with 3 wheels, ie a sidecar or a 40's Knucklehead restoration. And a CX 500? As i said, sorry, i just don't get it. The Kawa/BSA aint bad, but they are a good base to start off with already.

Call me old school (skool), a luddite, or whatever, but a lot of these modern custom shops building stuff with their own "brand name" and moody quality photography etc, i just don't get it. Sorry. I mean, building street/cafe style bikes with 16" wheels shod with those old Firestone square profile tyres, that don't go round corners, are lethal in the wet, and only should be on something with 3 wheels, ie a sidecar or a 40's Knucklehead restoration. And a CX 500? As i said, sorry, i just don't get it. The Kawa/BSA aint bad, but they are a good base to start off with already.

Is all about the style, they don't build them for going around corners or story distance braking :)

Go on the Thai classified anytime and see nearly new bikes with only a couple of thousand km on em and all the mods you can think off...

Is gotta be an image thing, they like to look cool... There's a gang of young guys who gang out in phayoyothin at the 24hr McDonald's with some seriously nice superbikes too and same for the local Starbucks on a Sunday, thong lor too...

A big bike is not just transport in Thailand :)