Educating the Chinese tourists?

daoyai

China is probably the world leader in environmental destruction and species extinction. Much of the needless destruction is caused by the chinese medical myths and also a taste for exotic foods. Examples abound from rhino horn to pangolins to turtles and shark fins. Since Chinese are now flooding Thailand with young tourists there is an opportunity to educate them on these issues and hopefully reduce demand and maybe save a few species from extinction.

Are there any organizations doing this work here? If so, how are they attempting this and is the Thai "govt.' supportive or mai bpen rai about these issues or maybe they profit from the endangered animal trade? your thoughts.

My thoughts a very piss poor attempt at China bashing which one suspects is the premise of your OP and if you were really sincere as a tree hugger you would be suggesting the same education for the "natives" in Thailand as regards envriomental destruction, further China is a light weight as regards to enviromental and species destruction over the last couple of hundred years in comparison with a lot of so called 1st world countries chasing the almighty dollar

How about some re-education for a certain dentist in a camp in China or North Korea ?

Edited by Soutpeel

I think China needs another 20 years to get done what we Europeans did....

I would suggest execution for the rich western "heroic" big game hunters who take species just for the trophy

I have no problem with hunting for the pot, but these big game hunter taking canned or baited animals need a bullet or an arrow in them

By the time they've been "educated" the oceans will be fished out, the only existing rhinos, tigers etc will be in zoos. Call me a pessimist, but I see a very bleak future for the world in 20-50 years, thank god I won't be here to see it.

I would suggest execution for the rich western "heroic" big game hunters who take species just for the trophy

I have no problem with hunting for the pot, but these big game hunter taking canned or baited animals need a bullet or an arrow in them

Well this is now, but look at the last 1000 years..... and also what we did in our colonies. China is already starting to improve....So it is just a China bashing.

Well this is now, but look at the last 1000 years..... and also what we did in our colonies. China is already starting to improve....So it is just a China bashing.

Whether you like it or not, China is responsible for the rhino and tiger poaching. They create the demand with their stupid superstitions, they also have 2 billion <deleted>' mouths to feed every day, they're eating the world.

Whether you like it or not, China is responsible for the rhino and tiger poaching. They create the demand with their stupid superstitions, they also have 2 billion <deleted>' mouths to feed every day, they're eating the world.

Only in the last 20 odd years or so who was doing it before that then ?

Further what about the Great white hunters killing species which are not fit for the pot just because they have a small penis and a large bank balance, spin it which every way you wish its still " poaching"

Rather than slagging off the Chinese maybe just think for a moment who was causing all the carnage in Africa/India with the wildlife way before the Chinese ?

yes the rino, tiger and shark.....have a look from Croatia till Greece.....we extinct there everything from the grass to the tree......just as example.....we almost extinct the buffalo in America with the sole purpose to extinct the American Indians (are they called like that?).

We needed millennia to change our mind. In China they are beginning to change already. China is the biggest supporter of wind and solar energy (while "we" put ridiculous high taxes on solar cells).

Further what about the Great white hunters killing species which are not fit for the pot just because they have a small penis and a large bank balance, spin it which every way you wish its still " poaching"

Rather than slagging off the Chinese maybe just think for a moment who was causing all the carnage in Africa/India with the wildlife way before the Chinese ?

2000 years ago the Romans imported animals from Africa by the thousands to kill for entertainment in the Coliseum and other venues, why not use that as an example? The point is that most of the Western world has realised that these animals are endangered and to be protected. By the time the Chinese attitude changes, there will be nothing left. For god's sake they'll eat a Panda if they can get their hands on one. What about the bears they keep in cages to be milked of their bile for "health" reasons? Like I said, I won't be here to see a devastated world, raped of it's natural resources, and polluted beyond belief. If you think I'm "slagging off" the Chinese, when I'm actually just pointing out a reality, so be it.

Edited by giddyup

2000 years ago the Romans imported animals from Africa by the thousands to kill for entertainment in the Coliseum and other venues, why not use that as an example? The point is that most of the Western world has realised that these animals are endangered and to be protected. By the time the Chinese attitude changes, there will be nothing left. For god's sake they'll eat a Panda if they can get their hands on one. What about the bears they keep in cages to be milked of their bile for "health" reasons? Like I said, I won't be here to see a devastated world, raped of it's natural resources, and polluted beyond belief. If you think I'm "slagging off" the Chinese, when I'm actually just pointing out a reality, so be it.

And the average Indian in Deli has the opinion that westerners eating sacred cows are barbarians

or what about the chickens kept in cages in western countries to produce eggs for your fried egg sandwich in the morning ?

Horse meat in ready cooked meals ?

And the average Indian in Deli has the opinion that westerners eating sacred cows are barbarians

or what about the chickens kept in cages in western countries to produce eggs for your fried egg sandwich in the morning ?

Didn't know chickens were an endangered species, or horses for that matter.

horse meat sausage licklips.gif I miss it......typical dual use animal.....only sheeps are better quadruple use animal