10-year-old Thai boy electrocuted by water cooler

webfact

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

These are commonly used for a few baht. Neon tester.

Those are good for sensing live 110v or more, but I'm referring to a device that can sense whether or not a chassis is floating (i.e. lacking earth ground) and therefor may not be an electrocution hazard now, but has the potential to become one in the future.

The problem that nobody wants to talk about is that Thais have very low IQs not all but nearly all.

I was at the Klaeng (pronounced Glang) Land Transportation office Yesterday, sat the exam less than 5 mins -2 wrong, the Thais looked stunned. The Guy in charge said to my girlfriend " the foreign people get everything right the first time even if they speak no Thai, your boyfriend, those two Japanese people. But our own, people we have to tell them again and again and they still don't understand" His words not mine

Thailand has imported the 21st century but is overwhelmed by the complexity of it all, I think I'll stop there...

About time Thailand introduced Portable Appliance Testing...

A earth leakage trip should also be mandatory on machines like that.

Not only electrical issues but also looks like a breading ground for all sorts of nasty bacteria.

Earth leakage trip? (coach trip?)

Thai electricity........no need earth. Sadly this seems to be the attitude here. I have refused to purchase many items in large stores with metallic cases but no facility for an earth wire.

Edited by hugh2121

There are usually 2 steps to a safe isolation. First you turn the equipment off (in this case by pulling the plug) and then you make sure it can't be restarted by use of danger tags and locks or other methods. In this case, simply cutting off the plug would have prevented a death.

that's not always true! maybe in this case it would have helped, but I guess you still have to see thai plugging the wires directly without a plug...

Sad story but as others have said it has happened before. It will happen again nothing will be learned from this. Thailand is like a big merry-go-round nothing new just reincarnations of

previous mistakes

laws broken

committees formed

crackdowns

ETC ETC.

Do you believe in karma?

I, along with approximately 2.5 billion do. There are no accidents.

The problem that nobody wants to talk about is that Thais have very low IQs not all but nearly all.

I was at the Klaeng (pronounced Glang) Land Transportation office Yesterday, sat the exam less than 5 mins -2 wrong, the Thais looked stunned. The Guy in charge said to my girlfriend " the foreign people get everything right the first time even if they speak no Thai, your boyfriend, those two Japanese people. But our own, people we have to tell them again and again and they still don't understand" His words not mine

Thailand has imported the 21st century but is overwhelmed by the complexity of it all, I think I'll stop there...

Totally rubbish racist post. I hope you are not married to a Thai or is she one of the ones with a high iq?

Do you believe in karma?

Nice - blame the dead child.

Do you believe in Santa Claus? A billion or so children do. I guess that means he must be real. Belief in silly things doesn't make them real.

Totally rubbish racist post. I hope you are not married to a Thai or is she one of the ones with a high iq?

I didn't say it, a Thai said it about his own people, to a room full of them. I can get you the address you can go and argue with him Yes/no?

Sad story but as others have said it has happened before. It will happen again nothing will be learned from this. Thailand is like a big merry-go-round nothing new just reincarnations of

previous mistakes

laws broken

committees formed

crackdowns

ETC ETC.

Do you believe in karma?

you're gonna be very disappointed , just because (yawn) 2.5 billion do does not mean it exists in fact I bet you can provide zero evidence it exists, much like religion.

Edited by kannot

Post with link to Bangkok Post removed.

26) The Bangkok Post and Phuketwan do not allow quotes from their news articles or other material to appear on Thaivisa.com. Neither do they allow links to their publications. Posts from members containing quotes from or links to Bangkok Post or Phuketwan publications will be deleted from the forum.

These restrictions are put in place by the above publications, not Thaivisa.com
In rare cases, forum Administrators or the news team may use these sources under special permission.

previous mistakes

laws broken

committees formed

crackdowns

ETC ETC.

Do you believe in karma?

Only competent and incompetent.

It is a little known fact that as of 2008 16 US service personnel died in Iraq due to electrocution. These deaths were not in the houses of Iraqis but in the safety of their bases. The deaths were recorded as negligent deaths and the Military's contractor went on a recruitment drive to hire UK qualified electricians to assist them make their electrical installations safe. Can you imagine your kid or father going off to war and he comes back in a body bag because he got electrocuted in the shower?

The big difference in this case was that someone was found culpable for the deaths and action was taken. I doubt that this will happen in this poor kids case. One can only hope. Maybe one day someone of importance or influence in Thai society will lose their child to shoddy electrical installations and something may change.

Post with link to Bangkok Post removed.

26) The Bangkok Post and Phuketwan do not allow quotes from their news articles or other material to appear on Thaivisa.com. Neither do they allow links to their publications. Posts from members containing quotes from or links to Bangkok Post or Phuketwan publications will be deleted from the forum.

These restrictions are put in place by the above publications, not Thaivisa.com

In rare cases, forum Administrators or the news team may use these sources under special permission.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/2011/07/08/national/Thai-students-found-below-global-average-30159779.html

Tragic accident , One thing I find with Thais , my wfe and family especially , they walk past something if its broken or not working properly with no attempt to fix it properly, get it fixed or throw it out. I got fed up with it as it was turning a nice house into a crack house and I wrote a list of things to replace/repair or throw out while I was away at work, ceiling fan, door lock and catch not working properly,dining chairs with rungs broken, Cable TV remote with non functioning on/off button for 2 years, she did it all but it was like pulling teeth

Maintainance is mai sanook.