Alcohol ban on Aug 12th Queen’s Birthday / Mother’s Day

connda

There might not be anything 'official' but in the Tambon that I live in here in South Lamphun there isn't any store that I stopped at that would sell beer between Noon and 2pm. Interesting. Just got back from a 10k hike. I thought it might me nice to sit in the back yard and nurse a 'cold one.' Obviously not today in the Rice Field Outback of jangwat Lamphun.

<jealous sigh> dry.png

Note to self. Buy a six pack before next Mother's and Father's day, especially if your planning on kicking back with 'a cold one' as the endorphins kick in after a hike, run, bike ride, etc.

Lol - well, at least while sitting here in my air conditioned study. I might not have beer, but I do have that endorphin-buzz working pretty well, even without the brew-skis. thumbsup.gif

Also in Lamphun, followed a police truck through my Moo Baan this evening. He stopped at the local shop and told them to put some cardboard infront of the beers in the fridge and a sign up saying no beer sales today. I sat down with my daughter at the table outside, had a carton of juice each and when the police left the guy sold me some beer.

Never seen police in my Moo Baan before.

LOL. About 50% of the tourist/sexpat bars are open downtown. Some a little on edge, no music, etc. You'd think someone died.

Overall okay though. And I could actually ring the bell for once. (Also thanks to rain, not just because gestapo)

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

Anyway, here is how non-dysfunctional countries do when H.M. has a birthday.

koninginnedag.jpg

I have lived in Amsterdam for about two decades and this was always a great party. On a few occasions we had foreign guests, they were absolutely flabbergasted when confronted with this side of the Dutch.

koninginnedag.jpg

On a few occasions we had foreign guests, they were absolutely flabbergasted when confronted with this side of the Dutch.

Yes, the other festival that does that is the annual blackface parade. ;)

koninginnedag.jpg

On a few occasions we had foreign guests, they were absolutely flabbergasted when confronted with this side of the Dutch.

Yes Zwarte Piet not so popular in recent years with the PC brigade.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zwarte_Piet

koninginnedag.jpg

Haha, you seem to be knowledgeable about Dutch culture.

Zwarte Piet is black because he comes down the chimney they say ;)