Bangkok Family room Scam

Spleen

Do you talk to your customers like that?

Yes, is there any other way to talk to people who simply refuse to understand basics?

So trying to deceive someone by advertising something you don't have and cannot supply is "Basics" is it , They are just trying to con people into booking a twin room for kids and then when "Once it is not available" you buy an extra bed , why were theses rooms in particular not free cancelation up until the booking date, because they are trying to dupe people into booking at one price and paying another , which seems acceptable to you. If you don't mind being treated like a Mug then you obviously are one , book yourself and you family in there. They may have some magic beans for you to buy as well

I had to look the hotel up myself because I was curious. You screwed up..not the hotel! Taken directly of their website for a "Family Room:

"Please note that this room type includes two interconnecting Premier Rooms."

Also take note there is an additional "subject to availability". That statement is listed in many places.

I agree with Konying. Sorry can't sympothize with your case. You're lucky you got your money back. Tells me the hotel cares about it's customers.

" subject to availability does not mean they can advertise for something they do not have , that's completely unavailable"

End of

It's called first come, first served"! If they have a great rate for the "Presidental Suite" for which they only have one, he who reserves it first gets it. So it is "subject to availablitity". It is not being decieptive. If you reserve it and they do not give you a confirmation for it and you show up and it's booked it's on you. If they confirm it and it's not available when you get there then it's on them and then you have a legitimate gripe.

We were to understand you did not get a confirmation number prior to arrival. So which is it in your case?

There is one other issue in play here. Language. It applies all over the world. What one thing means in your country does not always mean the same thing in another. So ads may appear to be decieving when in fact it is simply the language barrier especially when English is not the first language. I find that true in all of Asia.

Edited by Mrjlh

Booking number 940757950 PIN code 2455 Your reservation 1 night, 2 rooms Check-in Saturday 22 August 2015(from 14:00) Check-out Sunday 23 August 2015(until 12:00)
Geniuses get 2 extra hours to check out

I am a in the Genius category apparently as I have used Booking .com for so many years at a rate of at least 1 hotel a month for me or my family, can get some decent deals. Either that or they are taking the PSS

Edited by Spleen

I had to look the hotel up myself because I was curious. You screwed up..not the hotel! Taken directly of their website for a "Family Room:

Also take note there is an additional "subject to availability". That statement is listed in many places.

I agree with Konying. Sorry can't sympothize with your case. You're lucky you got your money back. Tells me the hotel cares about it's customers.

" subject to availability does not mean they can advertise for something they do not have , that's completely unavailable"

End of

It's called first come, first served"! If they have a great rate for the "Presidental Suite" for which they only have one, he who reserves it first gets it. So it is "subject to availablitity". It is not being decieptive. If you reserve it and they do not give you a confirmation for it and you show up and it's booked it's on you. If they confirm it and it's not available when you get there then it's on them and then you have a legitimate gripe.

We were to understand you did not get a confirmation number prior to arrival. So which is it in your case?

There is one other issue in play here. Language. It applies all over the world. What one thing means in your country does not always mean the same thing in another. So ads may appear to be decieving when in fact it is simply the language barrier especially when English is not the first language. I find that true in all of Asia.

Being in the business for almost 20 years, from experience ,people from certain regions do NOT make bookings based on information provided, they make bookings looking ONLY at the price.

Another common trait is to look at the main photo ONLY, assuming ALL rooms would be the same

And last but not least is NOT reading any information or requirements, assuming ALL hotels operate same way because either they stayed in one, or saw it in the movies.

End of

Being in the business for almost 20 years, from experience ,people from certain regions do NOT make bookings based on information provided, they make bookings looking ONLY at the price.

Another common trait is to look at the main photo ONLY, assuming ALL rooms would be the same

And last but not least is NOT reading any information or requirements, assuming ALL hotels operate same way because either they stayed in one, or saw it in the movies.

Very true actually. I've had weekend in Bangkok for years and this is the first time and second time Ive been disappointed , might have just been lucky before.So maybe a bit of complacency setting in. I also think its a cultural thing Thai's tend to not mind so much about bedding down somewhere . The age my kids are getting to it will have to be 3 rooms soon. Generally you can get some good deals , there are some luxury 3 bedroom condo's on junction of 18 and sukhumvit that go for 5k a night problem being minimum of 3 days , so difficult unless the kids are on holiday

Amount of space in square meters is given for all 200 rooms I have booked with Agoda. Many, prefer to do things the hardway, and oftentimes it seems to be a requirement to post on TVF. 1200 for an extra bed protects the other guests, especially in Asia, where people will fit 20 in a room, if allowed. How much to bring your date back to your room? Or will we be reading about that in a few days?