cheap road bike or frame solution

h90

I am still seeking a cheap bike to mount on my trainer.

Today I went to 2 second hand bike place.....they had very old street bikes. I asked for the prices 45.000-17.000......The 45K one was at least 20 years old worn and different components mixed together crazy.gif

Than I went to my bicycle shop and asked for frame only (I have already wheels, don't need brakes, or gear shifter) Starting at 25K...They are sorry only carbon so it is expensive (Eddy Merckx) at something like 27K. I considered to buy it and use it on the street using the other frame on the trainer.

Anyone has an idea where I could get a cheap but not total crap second hand bike. Or a new or old cheap street bike frame...not the newest and best carbon, but maybe not the BigC quality.

Any ideas? Or any complete different ideas?

thx

Your favorite shop sells the Madone 2.1 frame only for less than 20k, or the Emonda ALR frameset for around 26k.

Pick the frame up from them, and build it yourself or ask your LBS to do it ;-)

You can also order in the Giant TCR SLR aluminum frameset for similar price as well

yes but 20K (+the few things I need) is a lot money for putting it just on the trainer.

I have the Madone and I am not impressed with their frame....

I hope to spend something like 7.000.....it will be only clamped on the trainer......But it seems my hope doesn't survive the reality check sad.png

I've got an old MTB frame (Merida Big Nine Lite) and wheels, but it uses 142x12 rear hub spacing, not all trainers can accommodate it. If it works for you, it would be well within your prices range, but I fear it is too big for you (21") and you'd also need to source a front fork. Standover height is 898mm if it helps

Edited by moonoi

I've got an old MTB frame (Merida Big Nine Lite) and wheels, but it uses 142x12 rear hub spacing, not all trainers can accommodate it. If it works for you, it would be well within your prices range, but I fear it is too big for you (21") and you'd also need to source a front fork. Standover height is 898mm if it helps

142 shouldn't be a problem. I don't know for the 21 inch. my road frame says size 54 (inch, cm, mm????) and I am 170 cm tall (short).

If the frame is for tall people it is not for me :-( too big frame fells not right....

Works out to 35 inch inseam, so unless you have unusually long legs and a short body, I think too big.

Might be worth checking out the 2nd hand bike sales groups on Facebook and Thai MTB.

The Facebook group to search for is ซื้อขายจักรยานและอุปกรณ์จักรยานมือ 1 มือ 2

142 shouldn't be a problem. I don't know for the 21 inch. my road frame says size 54 (inch, cm, mm????) and I am 170 cm tall (short).

If the frame is for tall people it is not for me :-( too big frame fells not right....

Centimeters of course ;smile.png

I'm 1,93 cm high and my old road bike frame is a 66 cm ; made to measure .

Centimeters of course ;smile.png

I'm 1,93 cm high and my old road bike frame is a 66 cm ; made to measure .

w00t.gif I guess your frame is of no use for me as well.....your bicycle is taller than me.....