Searching for a condo

Ape1983

Looking to move from Koh Samui to Chiang Mai in October. So starting to search for a condo on a yearly basis.

Any recommendations of particular complexes, agents or private owners would be mostly appreciated.

Have the following requirments:

Budget 20-30K

Bedrooms 1-2

Balcony preferably with a view.

Modern

Close to Doi Suthep (for cycling purposes)

Cheers

Jon

Skybreezecondo dot calm. There is a BIG suite on the 9th floor that is up for rent you can see it on their website. Best view in town, quiet, great pool, good location.

Disclaimer - after living/vacationing there for several years I have moved out. im not selling anything and have no interest in renting anything there

Rgs

SM

“Close to Doi Suthep (for cycling purposes)”

Be aware that many places that tick this box are also north of the airport, so you have regular flyovers.

For this reason, I avoid the area, but at the end of Soi Suthep (west of Canal Street) there are some new buildings, for example Dcondo Campus by Sansiri and Casa by Quality Co., and I think this is far enough away from the flight path, it’s practically on Doi Suthep.

Looks like a very nice and quiet area with lots of greenery, though it might be a challenge to find units larger than 45 sqm.

Has anyone stayed at the Riverside Apartments recently? It's been more than two years but I chose them because the rooms were larger than others I looked at. I also had a kitchen with a full sized refrigerator. I'm not sure but it seems like I paid about 10K pm for it.

Riverside condo indeed has larger-then-average rooms and some very nice ones. But, it's a little distant from many activities and definitely on the other side of town from Doi Suthep. You'll need a motorscooter or the willingness to ride your bicycle get around. Very little is within walking distance of the condo and the building is surrounded by very busy streets that aren't pedestrian-friendly.

That being said, there is some good opportunity for bicycling on that side of town.

I like the "vibe" of the building, but the location is a drawback for someone looking to be close to Doi Suthep or interested in being able to safely walk to shops, malls, restaurants, etc.

Edited by NancyL